• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New bag company out of Portland>>>Odin Disc Golf Bags

So I get my bag in the mail last week, and it's disassembled. No problem because:

A. I'm OK at putting things together, and
B. It's probably a LOT cheaper to ship that way, and I'm cool with helping out

So I'm getting the stuff together and I've found the assembly video

It's then I notice I'm missing a couple of pieces and have one extra of another. So I go about trimming the excess heat shrink off one of the ends of the extra piece (so I can cut it to match another length)...

And had my stitches removed today :thmbdown:

Probably the most I've ever bled at one time, and still have nothing bad to say about this bag. If only I could find time to use it :(

FYI, if you need spare parts for your bag's frame, 1/2" PVC fits perfectly :D

So I've used the bag for probably a dozen rounds now and thought I'd post my thoughts.
First the pros, this thing holds lots of discs. I have about 20 discs in the main compartment and 2 putters up top.
It is also comfortable. I like the backpack style.
The price is probably the best part. Only $100 and a killer warranty.
And the extra pockets are nice. I can fit anything I would want to carry in it including a sweater for colder days. There are a few others that I can't think of right now.
Now for the cons
My biggest complaint is the quality of materials, the actual fabric seems okay but the stitching is fraying a bit in some places. The main zipper is okay but the rest of the zippers are pretty terrible.
The frame is made of very thing piping and one of mine is bent and another actually snapped in 2.
Please do keep in mind the extremely low pricing though.

All in all I would definitely recommend this bag to a friend and would buy it again if I had to. I may trade mine in for a nicer version whenever those come out though.

I like mine as well. I also like how much it holds. I think the top section is a waste most of the time. It would be great for more clothes in the winter but a waste of space in the summer. The bag sits up really well with the frame installed but the top section sinks down when there's nothing shoved in it.
The back pack is super comfortable. I tend to one arm the bag most of the time and so far after 20 or so rounds no sign of seams or stitches popping.
My main gripe wound be the height of the opening. With the frame installed I have to turn my discs to the side to get them to go in. If it's completely full it's a little difficult.
I would also buy again if I needed another bag

Realized that I never gave my thoughts about the bag...
I was one of the presales. Nick was kind enough to put the bag together for me, and gave me a personalized towel with my name on it. Super nice of him, and I felt glad to be a part of the first run of these bags.
A little background. I am kind of crazy about backpacks. I have owned ( still have most of these ) a first run Ranger, an Upper Park Shift, a Voodoo Spinal Tap, an Ergo 2, and an Innova Hero pack. Never had a Grip, just wanted something different. While I was not crazy at first about the PVC framing on the Odin, I find that I really enjoy the simple things about the bag. The top pocket holds an incredible amount of stuff and having the ability to access it on both sides is great. I do find that not having a bunch of small pockets to stuff things into makes me focus a little more on what I drag out to the course.
The putter slip is easy to access and I have no problem getting discs in and out. I have had a few issues with larger diameter discs in the main compartment. Comets, Condors and Zephyrs can stay at home, but otherwise discs sit well and don't spill. Actually the bag is so stable, I don't think I've ever dumped it on a hill. So extra points for that!
Comfort wise, I like the feel on my back. Of the backpacks I have carried, I find the Shift to be the absolutely most comfortable, followed by the Spinal Tap. This would be in third. Sorry Ergo2 and Ranger, both are just too floppy feeling for me.
Value wise, this bag was the same price as the Hero, and a little cheaper than the Shift, and 1/3 the cost of my Voodoo. I think Nick has done a great job of designing a bag that withstands the rigors of long rounds, rough terrain, and changing weather. The materials are nice, gear is easy to access. Stools and umbrellas are easy to strap, and the zippers are fine.
So, I guess I am pretty stoked. This is not my daily carry, but I've put some rounds on it, and it is holding up just fine. I let friends try it all the time, and they have all been pleasantly surprised.
No, it's not Grip or voodoo fancy. The disc tray is pretty traditional, and the build is solid. Would I buy it over a Hero? Hell yeah. Support a guy with a passion for making something cool that we can all enjoy, great. Is it the best backpack on the market? Not yet. But with a killer warranty and a lot of good ideas, it is hitting a lot of marks.
Thanks again, Nick.

Latest posts