• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New Course in Vincennes, IN

MacDaddy

Birdie Member
Bronze level trusted reviewer
There is a new course in development at Hillcrest Park in Vincennes, Indiana. It is a 9-basket / 18-tee design, located on a beautiful piece of land that has some very nice mature pine trees, hardwoods and underbrush. It also has some pretty fair terrain changes! Design and clearing work are underway and the course should be in the ground and ready to play by the July 4th weekend! This is also the first course in Knox County. Contact Dennis Byrne at [email protected] or 317-523-0653 for more details.

Would have helped me when I was living down in Washington, camp illiana just wasn't cutting it for me

work is progressing

:) Heading back to Vincennes next week to continue working on the design for the course. Clearing is just about done. Everyting seems to be going along pretty well!

work progressing

:thmbup:I was back in Vincennes last Tuesday to continue working on the design. Have all 18 holes staked out..... and now I really know why it is called Hillcrest Park! Lot's of ups and downs on this course, it should be lots of fun! If you are in the area, stop by the Hucks gas station/convenience store right off Hwy 41 near the park and tell the manager, Mary, how much you would like them to carry golf discs and other dg equipment once the course opens.

Confirmed!

As of this evening...I was watching the local "22 magazine"
news show they have on campus and their was an interview with the park and rec manager in which he said the "quabache trails park would have a disc golf course which would be available the last week of June" he insinuated tee pads and 18 holes...but...i'm not going to take his word for it...either way...i'm always stoked for another disc golf course popping up in southern indiana!!!

Hillcrest Park

As of this evening...I was watching the local "22 magazine"
news show they have on campus and their was an interview with the park and rec manager in which he said the "quabache trails park would have a disc golf course which would be available the last week of June" he insinuated tee pads and 18 holes...but...i'm not going to take his word for it...either way...i'm always stoked for another disc golf course popping up in southern indiana!!!

The course is going in Hillcrest Park, June 27, 28, & 29. It has 9 Innova DISCatcher baskets, 18 concrete tees w/ tee-signs and a course map/rules sign. I am going to be in Vincinnes next week to check the final markers before construction begins. Very nice park, VERY hilly, lots of mature hardwood and pine trees, plus some decent rough. Should be a fun course!:)

Next time

Too bad Stan! Maybe next time, or, if you are in the Indy area, give me a shout!

It's playable! The DISCatchers are in and concrete tees are too. I played it a few days ago, no numbers on the baskets or no tee signs. The tee signs should be in the ground in two weeks.

Ahhh sweet! This is the college I'm going to attend in August. At least I won't be bored at VU.

youre goin to VU too??? i heard this course was going in and got so excited. when school starts we'll have to meet up for a round.

Evansville and Terre Haute aren't that far,an hour each way? If you two get bored with it in the years to come. Enjoy!

The Course is up and runnig

The new course at Hillcrest Park in Vincennes is up and running! The brand new DISCatchers are looking good, and the concrete tee pads provide sure footing for drives. With beautiful wooded cathedral fairways and fairly steep uphill and downhill shots, it is a challenging and fun course for players of all levels. Hole #1 starts just to the north of the gravel parking lot. Restrooms and water are available. The Knox County Parks Dept has discs for sale at their offices near the course. Welcome back to school! The course will have an official grand opening event in mid-August after school starts. Come out and play and you can win some sweet disc golf swag!:thmbup:

I've found a few problems with the course.

1. Nobody knows about it.
2. Those who know about the course have no idea what it is.
3. I've played the course for months, and the pins haven't moved.
4. Grass/undergrowth is not cut anywhere near enough.

Love the course. but some problems need to be addressed.

Update...

I've found a few problems with the course.

1. Nobody knows about it.
2. Those who know about the course have no idea what it is.
3. I've played the course for months, and the pins haven't moved.
4. Grass/undergrowth is not cut anywhere near enough.

Love the course. but some problems need to be addressed.

1. We are having a Grand-Opening Event on May 12th, see you there!
2. It is on the edge of Vincennes, on Hillcrest Road (a Knox Co. park).
3. Talked to the Super today, they should be moving soon!
4. Ditto the conversation with the Super.

Thanks for the heads up!! :hfive:

I have been down to play this course!! It is a definitely worth the stop!! Pretty challenging holes and great use of the pine trees!!

First Event at Hillcrest!

There will be a Grand Opening Event at Hillcrest Park in Vincennes on June 9. The event will run from 10 am to 4 pm. There will be food and fun for all! :thmbup: More details coming soon. The Parks Dept has a new Superintendent and he is really excited about the disc golf course and maybe getting a league going soon. :hfive:

Latest posts