• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

NEW Disc Golf Channel - Justin Dubé

Which disc golf bag do you like the best?

• Total voters
I play both and really enjoy both. Disc golf is my passion, golf is my hobby. Outside of name, basic concept and some rules, they games are not really, very much alike.

I honestly find the attempt to compare them futile and a bit frustrating. Some would like to make disc golf more like golf and that is my frustration. I don't wish disc golf to be anything like golf.

^this. It doesn't have to be an "either/or" decision. Do you eat the same food day after day? Watch the same movies, or listen to only one type of music? It's better to have a variety of activities to occupy yourself.

Ive been carrying an AX4 for 5 years now, I have none of the issues that you do. Straps are never uneven, no signs anywhere of tears in the straps or even the stitching. Not sure how the strap ties can be annoying but alright. My putter pocket has been raised since day 1 and I havent touched it since, it has never not stayed up. Not sure how the bottle holders get in the way but alright.

Maybe you have a newer version of the AX4 and quality went dow. All the ones that have passed thru my hands over the years have looked to be the same great quality that Grip is known for. But everyone has opinions

I have heard of the quality of the AX4 going down bu not the models that other companies put there stamp on like the B model that Discraft uses or the model that Discmania has both the Discmania stamped model as well as the Eagle and Lizotte ones those are a different model from the B that Discraft uses. I have heard that the AX4 quality went down but not these other models or the single strap pack. However Innova has a small run of Prototype Innova bag most of the time (though not now due in part to Corona Virus) that is really similar to the AX4 for $179-$180 with better way to hold an umbrella/Stool and then for $100 Fitatic has nearly the same bag only flaw is the pockets are not as big as AX4 in a not expanded form nor do they expand the way newer AX4 pockets do.

Ive been carrying an AX4 for 5 years now, I have none of the issues that you do. Straps are never uneven, no signs anywhere of tears in the straps or even the stitching. Not sure how the strap ties can be annoying but alright. My putter pocket has been raised since day 1 and I havent touched it since, it has never not stayed up. Not sure how the bottle holders get in the way but alright.

Maybe you have a newer version of the AX4 and quality went dow. All the ones that have passed thru my hands over the years have looked to be the same great quality that Grip is known for. But everyone has opinions

Thanks for the reply. It could be that I got a lemon (as mentioned in my video description) or the quality has gone down. I truly wanted to like the bag (which is why I kept it for almost 2 months). One thing I will say is that I was pleased that they were still willing to return the bag, even though their policy says that they don't do returns to countries outside the US.

I used to play a lot of regular golf, but now prefer Disc Golf because it's easier to convince friends to come out and throw firsbees than it is to convince them to "buy into" regular golf.

I used to play a fair bit of golf, but the money, time and pretenses were hard for me.

The atmosphere of disc golf is the main draw at this point in my life. Most golf courses are super curated and manicured, and don't look that much like the natural environment you would see in that area.

I love getting out into the woods and wondering among the trees, hills and rivers. The natural beauty and ability to find a calming state is a huge draw for me. I also love the look and feel of disc flight more than the golf ball flight.

It's an odd thing, but as a former baseball player manipulating shots is a lot like throwing different pitches which is fun to me.

I was also pretty financially strapped when I started, but even now with a better income I wouldn't go back to making traditional golf a main hobby.

The best quality for the price bags, especially in the entry level territory, are Upper Park bags. Pinch > Trooper or Athletico

^^^ Hadn't seen The Pinch before...looks like a nice little bag. Think I'm gonna get one for travel where there's a small chance I might get to hit up a course.

20170823_123554_1024x1024.gif

Justin, how much you getting for that affiliate link in the Athletico review? (Only joking... :D)

yah...going to be that guy.... this is your 5th thread promoting your channel. Why not just make one thread and add links to your new content as it's added there? It will be much easier for your fans here on the forum to see all of your content in one place.

Sorry but they are new topics/new content. If this is bothersome, just simply ignore any of my new posts. Quite honestly, I truly wish you stopped being "that guy" yourself. You consistently like to bash anything I create, which is meant to promote and support the game of disc golf. So please, stop hating.

Disc Golf Plastics – What's the Difference? – Innova Analysis

https://youtu.be/w2Xc83QzgQA

After gaining personal experience reviewing many websites, forums and videos, I've decided to help clarify the problem of choosing the right plastic from Innova's line (FYI – I am in no way sponsored for this video). Opinions will differ on a few points, but I would say it's pretty accurate. Please enjoy and if you have any questions, feel free to ask!

TWITTER - https://twitter.com/justindubie87
FACEBOOK - https://www.facebook.com/Justin-Dubé-105036081186435/
REDDIT - https://www.reddit.com/user/ADDDube87
EMAIL - [email protected]

Dude, stop spamming us with every vid. Make one thread and you can post links there.

I make vids too, but you don't see me making a new thread every day.

He's a new poster who doesn't interact or contribute to any existing threads. He only spams his own videos. Doesn't even have the courtesy to keep the vids in a containment thread. Hard pass.

-not to mention the Boss for noobs recommendation-

Sorry but they are new topics/new content. If this is bothersome, just simply ignore any of my new posts. Quite honestly, I truly wish you stopped being "that guy" yourself. You consistently like to bash anything I create, which is meant to promote and support the game of disc golf. So please, stop hating.

You know what... based on your pm and your post here, I was armed and ready to reply. But all I say is, a moderator moved all of your posts into one thread. I'm guessing they could have asked you to sponsor the forum, buy banners ads, etc, but they didn't. That's pretty cool and you should probably thank them publicly.

uh..and in regards to "bashing" content. lol.. Welcome to DGCR, you better grow a pair of roc3 balls if you plan on sticking around, cause this ain't facebook. lol.. ;)

Disc Golf Plastics – What's the Difference? – Innova Analysis

https://youtu.be/af391JmbS5U

What type of disc golf plastic to buy is a common problem I see posted online. Very quickly, it gets complicated, and you end up buying a plastic that won't suit your game.

Simply put, there isn't a very simple breakdown of plastics. Specifically, for Innova, they have detailed explanations, but it all still seems complex and overwhelming, and the information changes depending on where you look.
So after gaining personal experience reviewing many websites, forums and videos, I've decided to help clarify this problem of choosing the right plastic from Innova's line (FYI – I am in no way sponsored for this video). The key here is SIMPLICITY. I want to be this to be an easy guide that anyone can follow. Please enjoy and if you have any questions, feel free to ask!

https://youtu.be/af391JmbS5U

What type of disc golf plastic to buy is a common problem I see posted online. Very quickly, it gets complicated, and you end up buying a plastic that won't suit your game.

Simply put, there isn't a very simple breakdown of plastics. Specifically, for Innova, they have detailed explanations, but it all still seems complex and overwhelming, and the information changes depending on where you look.
So after gaining personal experience reviewing many websites, forums and videos, I've decided to help clarify this problem of choosing the right plastic from Innova's line (FYI – I am in no way sponsored for this video). The key here is SIMPLICITY. I want to be this to be an easy guide that anyone can follow. Please enjoy and if you have any questions, feel free to ask!

Sorry Dube, but I stopped watching your video when "you" determined that there are basically three types of plastic. And got that completely wrong....

Call me old fashioned, but I think a disc golf expert giving advice to beginners, should have thousands and thousands of hours of actual throwing experience. I think an "expert" offering advice on choosing Innova plastics, should have actually thrown all the types of Innova plastic first!

If a true disc golf expert was bold enough to say there are "only" three types of plastic....The three basic types of plastic among ALL MANUFACTURERS (not just Innova) would be:

Premium plastics: The Champion and Star plastics
Pro plastics: Blends of plastic that differ for putters and drivers. Some are flexible, some are stiff, some are grippy.
Baseline plastic: DX plastic

I imagine other disc golf experts might disagree with you or me, but they would be able to back that up with some true knowledge, experience and facts.

I think you'd get more views if you spelled your name correctly - Doobie.

He's a new poster who doesn't interact or contribute to any existing threads. He only spams his own videos. Doesn't even have the courtesy to keep the vids in a containment thread. Hard pass.

-not to mention the Boss for noobs recommendation-

Hey, man. My first ace was with a Boss and I'd only been playing for a month. So the Boss is obviously a great beginner disc. (Sarcasm. I threw it on a downhill, left turning 167' hole. So exactly what you'd expect a Boss to do for a beginner. Still had no business even knowing what a Boss was though.)

Latest posts