• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New Disc Rack

WonTonChickon

I know its not the best place to keep extra disc's stored in your trunk in high heat. I do Live in PHX AZ and it does get quite hot. But I made a Rack for the trunk of my car. Its a simple rack with a clean look. Let me know what yall think!

Attachments

• 20160404_114849.jpg
    20160404_114849.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 203
  • 20160404_115830.jpg
    20160404_115830.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 173
  • IMG_20160404_123016.jpg
    IMG_20160404_123016.jpg
    152.6 KB · Views: 178
Nice, I built a rack to keep in my house/basement. I dont leave stuff in my car for that reason. but I like it, and it it works for you, great, its better storage for sure. Hope the heat doesn't warp them. I'd be paranoid. Tho I keep a "to go " bag in my car, but its all older discs that I dont necessarily 'care' about as much so if they get destroyed, I wont really care

Is the end just 4x45s, 2x90s and a tee with piping to butt them together?

Does the bar in the middle slide to adapt to different number of discs?

Yeah 2 x 90's and 4 x 45's with 1 x T. 1 inch spreader pvc to glue them together really tight. The handle 2 x T hoged out and 1 x 45 does move and can be removed for when I fill the rack in the future. It has about 3 layers of clear coat so the hadle "sticks" but doesn't mess with the paint. I'm thinking about adding another matching handle to the left side to hold the discs up better. I haven't had an issue with the discs falling out yet. But it would look cool.

I will be installing UV black lights in the trunk to make the green really pop in there. Then it will be perfect.

Pvc + extra parts = $22
Paint
2 coats of white +
5 coats of green +
3 coats of black +
3 clear coats = $15
2 x 12v 15in UV black lights = $12

I put some moulding strips in a shelf I have from my grandpa. I first measured to see how I could place them in there so that the discs rest in between, but do not touch the bottom of the shelf or the sides/doors, etc. So placed them, stuck em with command strips and they turned out great, easy in and out, slides smoothly. Keeps em in tact.

Attachments

• a.jpg
    a.jpg
    114 KB · Views: 109
  • b.jpg
    b.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 72
  • c.jpg
    c.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 70
That looks great! I don't have the space where I stay right now. And I tend to bounce from place to place. So i like to have things on hand.

I put some moulding strips in a shelf I have from my grandpa. I first measured to see how I could place them in there so that the discs rest in between, but do not touch the bottom of the shelf or the sides/doors, etc. So placed them, stuck em with command strips and they turned out great, easy in and out, slides smoothly. Keeps em in tact.

:clap::clap::clap:

Finally got the black lights installed. 2 x 15in 12v uv cold cathode acrylic tubes.

The quality or my low light camera is ****. But you get the point.

Note: the back lights can be sound activated aswell.

Attachments

• 20160407_233129.jpg
    20160407_233129.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 63