• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New! Fresh! 8-Bit Disc Golf is coming!

Is there any way we can view current designs without joining FaceBook?

The page itself should be open to viewing whether you're logged in or not to Facebook. Along with all the design images. If you can't get to Facebook at all, I'm happy to send you the current run of designs.

QUICK EDIT

I understand the Kickstarter makes you log in to make a donation. Either through them or through Facebook. If you do not want the hassle, you can message me to Paypal me the donation and I will post it directly to the project on Kickstarter. The $20 donation will still get you a shirt.

Been a few days! The big development is that the first run of shirts will, in fact, be dri-fit! Of course, the release date is still going to depend on the disc-golfing community and how quickly I can come up with the necessary start-up. So let me know if you have any questions. I also have business cards if you want to hand some out to your leagues/groups/buddies so they can contact me! Thanks so much for all of your enthusiasm and support and I can't wait to see these shirts out on the course!

dude this name reminds me of a beer company that just came out with this stuff as their label and slogans

Last edited:
dude this name reminds me of a beer company that just came out with this stuff as their label and slogans

You might be thinking of 8-Bit Pale Ale. The brewery that makes it is Tallgrass Brewing Co. It's just a single release beer, not a company theme. Unless there's another one out there I'm not aware of.

I was thinking something along the lines of:

UNLIMITED ACES
UUDDLRLRBA start

8-bit Disc Golf

Looks like beer beats me again....

OK guys, it is getting close to trigger-time. Here's the cheat sheet on the initial launch:

1) A total of four designs will be made available for the outset. Three I've already posted and a new one that I'm saving to reveal (and might just be my personal favorite).

2) These shirts will all be dri-fit, so start sweating!

3) This may disappoint some, but each design will only be offered in one color. But that color will be chosen specifically to compliment the design on the shirt.

4) I like to keep things simple, so $20 shipped to your door will be the damage done.

5) I'll be running specials and first crack at any new designs specifically from the Facebook page, so be sure to Like it and follow us there!

I'm still looking for any donations or preorders you all want to help out with. The faster I can satisfy the capitalist money gods, the faster I can get to the fun stuff; getting these shirts out on the course! Message me if you have any questions!

It's on like Donkey Kong!

How about a Maniac Mansion design? Similar to the "throw/drink/curse" command posted earlier, but with a character graphic above the command window...

I'm not saying to use this exact screenshot, just giving an idea for those who might not remember the game (how can you NOT?!). Commands like "hyzer, anhyzer, mulligan, 'nice,' consult rulebook," and such.

Maniac_Mansion_NES_ScreenShot3.gif

Love the idea, and if I wasn't currently unemployed I'd kick some starter funds your way. :clap:

Good luck, and I'll share your page on FB to help spread the word!

the contra code should turn you into cubby with a sprayer gun full of hot plastic.

Here's a new design! (But not the one I promised *Duck Hunt dog giggle*) Simple. Distinguished. Old school.

Attachments

• atarimini.jpg
    atarimini.jpg
    4.7 KB · Views: 28
Here's a new design! (But not the one I promised *Duck Hunt dog giggle*) Simple. Distinguished. Old school.

I love the play on the atari logo, mixed with a basket. I'd sport that on a hat or shirt for sure. Maybe even a patch.

I would love to see some of these as canvas patches I could just pin (or glue) to my bag.....specially the casltevania gravestone and the throw/kick/cuss one

Bah-dah! Final design is ready to go. I think this may have taken over my new favorite spot.

He's a man. Is he Great? Oh, yes. Super? Sure thing. Mega? Uhhh...due to intellectual property rights, I am not at liberty to make that distinction... But you get the idea!

Power Up and blast through those trees like paper.

Attachments

• megaman2-vectoredmini.jpg
    megaman2-vectoredmini.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 55
It's time to back up until just your toes are touching the top brick and make a running leap for that flag! It's order time! Here's how it's going to go. Up until May 11th, I will be taking preorders on shirts. We are running 5 designs for the first run, and they are:

1) RPG Battle Menu design on a black shirt.
2) "Power Up" design on a light blue shirt.
3) Health Bar design on a kelley green shirt.
4) "Old School Basket" design on a black shirt.
5) "All Your Ace" design in black text on a silver shirt.

The preorder is to guarantee your size and design choice. If you want, you can always wait until the order comes in and take the chance on your size/design. Or if you want to wait and see how the shirts look. It's completely up to you. I should have the order in hand by the end of May and shipping as soon as I get them. Send me a message!

EXTRA LIFE! I will also be running a little contest to celebrate the launch of 8-Bit Disc Golf. All purchases made through June 30th will automatically enter you into a random drawing for one of three 8-Bit Disc Golf discs. These will be super snazzy Latitude 64 Gold Line Fuses with 8-Bit Disc Golf designs; using Dynamic Discs' Dyemax technology. One shirt gives you one entry. Two shirts give you two entries. You get the idea!

Be sure to Like us on Facebook if you haven't already, and get your friends to Like us too. We love attention like Link loves long underwear.

Been a couple weeks. But here is a big "squee" moment for me. Final mock-ups have been done and they are off to print. I should have them in hand within the next couple weeks! I've got some good pre-orders already, so thank you to everyone who has been following along and patiently waiting. Remember to Like us on Facebook and keep in mind that any shirts bought through the end of June will automatically enter you for a drawing to win one of three snazzy 8-Bit Disc Golf DyeMax Gold Line Fuses!

Attachments

• 8-bit mock1.JPG
    8-bit mock1.JPG
    72.4 KB · Views: 64
  • 8-bit mock2.JPG
    8-bit mock2.JPG
    74.3 KB · Views: 66
^ I HAVE to get one of those "Menu" t-shirts!

I would select "curse" every time!

Latest posts