• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Okthrowberfest 2017 Voting Thread

Vote for your top three

• Candy Skulll Crusher

Votes: 40 34.8%
  • I Come in Peace

Votes: 3 2.6%
  • Best Shot Doubles

Votes: 41 35.7%
  • Juiced Pumpkin

Votes: 22 19.1%
  • Real Men throw in Lederhosen!

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • Lucifer

Votes: 18 15.7%
  • When Spiders Dream

Votes: 16 13.9%
  • Maria los Muerto

Votes: 18 15.7%
  • Helmut von Bierstein

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Knuckles Halloween Costume

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • The Scavenger

Votes: 49 42.6%
  • Rise of the Minions

Votes: 16 13.9%
  • Eye of the Bethrowlder

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Night Creep

Votes: 15 13.0%

• Total voters
I don't think so... You should vote for what you like most... If that happens to be your own,. So be it

Love it. Another great year! I also noticed some familiar styles.

" I sense a presence I have not felt since..."

two of the ones I would have voted for in any other contest(one being absolutely fantastic and the probable winner), I didn't, because they aren't really autumn/halloweenish.
but again, awesome work from everyone. one of these years.......

two of the ones I would have voted for in any other contest(one being absolutely fantastic and the probable winner), I didn't, because they aren't really autumn/halloweenish.
but again, awesome work from everyone. one of these years.......

Yeah, the theme isn't hugely important in my vote, but I won't vote for one that I cannot find ANY relation to Oktoberfest/fall/Halloween/thanksgiving.

One of those looks so much like BennettUA's work I think he may be DGCR-lurking after his retirement from Okthrowberfest contest management.

Had there been a glow disc submitted, I would have agreed; that has been Bennett's MO in this contest.

Had there been a glow disc submitted, I would have agreed; that has been Bennett's MO in this contest.

That would have been a dead-giveaway, but glow dyes are sooo 2015 Okthrowberfest :)

You used to be able to pick his out because there were no bleeds, then by the artistic touches like black rims and color shading technique, then it was the amazing glow effects. This year I think he has one due to the combination of two of his favorite subjects, that has me thinking he did one without considering if it would be a submission.

Either way, killer work this year :D

Yeah, the theme isn't hugely important in my vote, but I won't vote for one that I cannot find ANY relation to Oktoberfest/fall/Halloween/thanksgiving.

I am the same way. If it were a completely open disc dye contest with no subject or theme I definitely would have voted differently. There are some truly amazing dyes in the mix this year that I couldn't vote for because I couldn't see a correlation to the theme. Either way, great discs this year and everyone should be very proud of their work.

Wow, they are all really awesome! Very difficult to narrow it down to just 3. Some I like because of the style and subject. Others I like because they were executed so well with sharp, crisp lines, bright solid colors, or cool motion activated content. I think we need at least 5 votes instead of 3. :)

My thanks to all the entrants for sharing the fruits of your labor...I always enjoy seeing what your guys came up with and appreciating your skill and dedication to your craft.

As usual, all of them were good, but 4 really stood out to me. Unfortunately I only get 3 votes....

I voted for the discs I like best, as surely most of you did. But beyond that I would like to know which candidates are considered the technically best, the most innovative, or the most time-intensive. I am not able to judge them in these categories. Maybe someone with enough experience could elaborate a bit on that topic. (To avoid interference with the current poll, either do it when it has ended or analyze the candidates of a former year.)

scavenger is a great dye, but I don't see how it fits the theme, nothing about disc golf, octoberfest, halloween, etc...then again, I didn't read the rules so maybe anything goes

Congrats to the winners, and a big thanks to Noill Golff for making it happen! I designed and dyed the spinner ones, and learned a lot of the design techniques from a Yo-Yo pro and artist named Drew Tetz (you should find him on Instagram!). The most important "trick": you have to film these outside in the sunlight, and you have to watch it through a phone to see the illusion. Let me know if you have other questions about design!

Good show everyone! :clap::clap::clap::clap:

I tried really hard to figure out the link to the theme for scavenger and just couldn't. I thought maybe it was some star wars connection that I just don't get bc I don't watch it.

I was really surprised that Night Creep wasn't higher up - that is one awesome disc right there. I voted for Night Creep, Eye of the Bethrowlder, and Knuckles. Imo they were the cleanest and technically best ones.

Probably no surprise to any dyeing forum regulars that I did the Ren and Stimpy one. Same background technique I have used on a lot of recent discs and also the 3rd year in a row I did a Nickelodeon themed dye.

Latest posts