• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Orc love?

I carry 2 Star Orcs, and have one backup. Love em. It's my favorite FH distance disc, and right up there for BH. My Stars are one older, one newer. The older is about as dependable a disc as I have. Nice effortless distance, and solid glide for the plastic. Just a super dependable, predictable disc.

I only throw old old orcs, and I love them. RHBH they are great for any straight or stable shot, and LHBH I can use them for straight to understable. Flies almost the same lines as a teebird but longer. I carry a couple of DX for hazard discs too. I have some older ones for sale or trade if anyone is interested. I have 30plus pre numbers orcs stacked up lol

Just lost two over the weekend need to go stock up on a few went back to these as I ve gotten older and not playing as much but very underrated discs IMO .

d-dx
p-pro
c- champion
s- star

beats me on the 5th type. they are molded by Innova after all.

They are probably referring to the SG-Line, which was a special first run of MD-1's that were in a gummy star plastic. They are still floating around out there pretty cheap on MST and other sites, curious about how close that run is compared to the softer star material they use for the overmolds or the GStar. Been wanting Innova made discs in an FLX like plastic, would be great in winter especially.

The orc is one of my favorite discs super predictable. My bag isn't complete without an orc I prefer star over champ orcs though

I picked up two orcs recently that weren't like anything I had seen yet. They were super gummy, flat, but not pearly. I flipped them over to look at the tooling and they didn't have the www.innovadiscs.com on the back. What date would these have been produced? Would they be 1st runs?

I picked up two orcs recently that weren't like anything I had seen yet. They were super gummy, flat, but not pearly. I flipped them over to look at the tooling and they didn't have the www.innovadiscs.com on the back. What date would these have been produced? Would they be 1st runs?

I assume since u mentioned pearly that they are champ plastic? I don't think I've ever seen an actual first run Orc they didn't really look and label discs like that per say back then. Pictures would help, but I m guessing just a regular mold from back I the day all those orcs were flat and had a good feel but most I think were pearly though.

I assume since u mentioned pearly that they are champ plastic? I don't think I've ever seen an actual first run Orc they didn't really look and label discs like that per say back then. Pictures would help, but I m guessing just a regular mold from back I the day all those orcs were flat and had a good feel but most I think were pearly though.

Yeah they are all champ plastic. I've attached some pics below:

Attachments

• 5FF62B1E-A973-46A1-8E7A-5CA779C345F2_zps4v1oaqse.jpg
    5FF62B1E-A973-46A1-8E7A-5CA779C345F2_zps4v1oaqse.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 106
  • 15C9DBA6-EAB5-46E0-8990-CA7292D50AEA_zpsniwfg9yp.jpg
    15C9DBA6-EAB5-46E0-8990-CA7292D50AEA_zpsniwfg9yp.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 98
  • 83A51535-74A8-4BE7-8194-A3B0B02CF3AA_zpszisysljp.jpg
    83A51535-74A8-4BE7-8194-A3B0B02CF3AA_zpszisysljp.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 101
Here's the backs:

Attachments

• 43E0AB9B-9DDE-4770-8720-9308722292B8_zpsmcxigk3l.jpg
    43E0AB9B-9DDE-4770-8720-9308722292B8_zpsmcxigk3l.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 46
  • 26267B1D-99E9-4FF7-9C04-BED5580B7627_zpsseouiadp.jpg
    26267B1D-99E9-4FF7-9C04-BED5580B7627_zpsseouiadp.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 48
  • E038C8CE-9C89-4915-BCF1-9F1805ACAB50_zps2dfkmwpz.jpg
    E038C8CE-9C89-4915-BCF1-9F1805ACAB50_zps2dfkmwpz.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 44
Yeah they are all champ plastic. I've attached some pics below:

If you ever want to get rid of that blue one, let me know.

I'm now carrying three Star Orcs, and they have completely pushed Saints out of my bag. Also carrying a PD for a bit more OS shots.

I would consider the green and blue to be at least slightly pearly. They have the ring where the rim meets the flightplate and look vaguely pearlescent. All three are patent tooled so they're all older runs.

I carry 2 star Orcs. Fresh/Heavy with a Beat/Lighter. So good for distance+control. I've always used them like fairway drivers, but then again, speed 9-10 rims feel so much better in my hand than 6-8 or 11-13 speed discs.

My guess these are may be first batch look kind of pearly or may be 2nd looks like, after the first pearly ones I remember from back in the day. Prob from batch before they started printing numbers on them might b nothing special except a great under rated disc u got, I like.

My guess these are may be first batch look kind of pearly or may be 2nd looks like, after the first pearly ones I remember from back in the day. Prob from batch before they started printing numbers on them might b nothing special except a great under rated disc u got, I like.

Thanks for the knowledge. The Orcs have become one of my favorites.

My favorite driver of all time. Yeah it's not the biggest distance driver out there,but it's real consistent for me. A very overlooked driver.

I think the biggest reason it got overlooked when it first came out was because of the Beast. If I remember right both the Beast and the Orc came out at the same time. Beast was more popular at the time.

I just got a DX Orc, and I'm liking it so far. It reminds me of my X Avengers, just without the crazy dome. Little turn, big fade. I'm probably not throwing it hard enough, but I like the flight. I'm gonna look at the Orcs next time I go in the shop and get one with the same PLH in a tougher plastic.

I'm hoping for a G Star c:

The orc has been my go to driver for the past year, i absolutely love it. Once a pearly orc is beat in I fall in love, which is why i was so devestated after losing my old pal two weeks ago. Within those two weeks i have bought 3 replacements for cheap, and found 2 as well :). Today i found a pristine blue pearly orc just laying over an old fence. I realized after the fact that climbing a pointed, rusted, wire fence probably wouldn't end up well- and it didnt. One nice cut to my hand and a tetnus shot later and i have #5 :thmbup:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 81

Latest posts