• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

overstable midrange

GRidge

Par Member
What's a nice overstable midrange? I throw Buzzzes for every mid range shot, but need something with more fade and less glide

I use a Zone for my overstable slot. Even though it's technically a putter it really works as a midrange for me. I've also tried Gators and Drones and think those could work well if you want something a little longer than the Zone.

Drone. Thread over no need to waste any more posts

I've heard good things about both the gator and the drone, they didn't have any gators or drones at my tournament today

there is a reason for that ;)

For my midranges I throw FLX buzzz straight as an arrow avg about 280-320ft. next up is the new Roc3, it is a hair more stable and will fight headwind and L->R wind without pushing it right. Then the Drone is more stable for headwinds. and lastly the Demon is the most overstable midrange disc i have ever thrown and is for hard left finishes or really strong winds. Cant live without that disc, reliable finish and will always stay 300ft or less.

I like the Zone. It has a very similar feel to a buzzz, but with a smaller diameter.

Although there is debate about if a Trident is a mid or a fairway (I would reside in the fairway camp myself), I (and others) use it as a midrange/fairway. It is very stable, skips, and is one of the best wind fighting discs I have seen thrown due to the mass in the rim (way thicker than a traditional midrange). It has some glide (more so in the GL), but nothing crazy...

I used to throw a Flx Drone untill it got flippy on me(I used it a lot). Since then I've switched to a Hornet/Zone combo that I love. There is a bit of overlap... But I like both of them for specific shots. I guess if I had to suggest one OS midrange I'd have to go with the Hornet. I've loved that disc since I got it and I don't plan on replacing it with anything soon.

I used to throw a Flx Drone untill it got flippy on me(I used it a lot).

It be nice if they could make a legal Z Drone. But it takes so long to beat a FLX Drone in I just replace them when needed. Totally worth the cost.

MVP Vector is what i would try, get a heavy one. If you can get one local maybe you can get lucky and find one with higher plh and dome, the new ones are all exactly the same from what i have seen. older ones had some more variation

I have a good plh 9/10 neutron vector with a custom tiedye brainwave job done on it i would give you a great deal if your interested in trying a vector out.

I use to throw the Z Hornet, until it got beat in, now I use a Ti Wasp, little more stable than the Z Wasp, and less than the Z Hornet, feels just like a Buzz, until I replaced my Buzz with a Star Cro!

I wish I was 13 again and just starting to play the game, so many discs to choose from these days you really don't have to learn how to throw anything. When I started we had Aviars, original Rocs (now called classic Rocs) and stingrays. You really needed to learn how to throw different shots. My overstable mids which really aren't that over stable are 11X KC Pro Rocs. If I need more stability I back off on a slightly beat 11X Champ Firebird. I have heard nothing but good things about Glow Champion Gators. You might want to try one of those.

Latest posts