• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Paige Pierce #29190

I run irregularly and half-marathon distance at most. Some days its the hips/butt/back, other days its my shoulder/arm

A second place finish at Jonesboro open has me feeling mixed emotions. I compete to win. Every time. This weekend required 1008 rated golf to win. This is something I know I am capable of, but I came up short of matching Catrina's stellar performance this week.

My game feels good when I am present, as I saw this week. Now I just need to clean up a couple of those bogeys and get my putt dialed in for the next stretch of events. I want to walk up to my putt and KNOW it's in. This is going to require a lot more reps than I have been putting in. Shout out to Catrina for that 2nd round score, possibly the best I have ever seen you play 18 holes. Every putt was dialed in, it didn't matter how far. That was a lot of fun to watch, if you haven't seen it yet check it out on @gkprodiscgolf YouTube channel!

Now I am packing my bag and headed to Hawaii for a reset and recharge. See you all at OTB Open. Until then keep your eyes peeled here and maybe even over at my YouTube channel!

most recent instagram post by paige. OTB open starts may 14

In an attempt to get this thread flowing in a better direction:

I think it was the pressure to hit the 1000 rating that really screwed up Paige's mental game which in turn really affected her physical game. From what I've seen of her play recently, it looks like she is trying to be too precise instead of letting the disc fly.

In an attempt to get this thread flowing in a better direction:

I think it was the pressure to hit the 1000 rating that really screwed up Paige's mental game which in turn really affected her physical game. From what I've seen of her play recently, it looks like she is trying to be too precise instead of letting the disc fly.

If this is true (which we really don't know) then Paige needs to work on having professional concentration.

I would hope she is never on the tee, or the course, thinking about getting to 1000.

If this is true (which we really don't know) then Paige needs to work on having professional concentration.

I would hope she is never on the tee, or the course, thinking about getting to 1000.

Players frequently talk about chasing scores and trying to get certain numbers for given holes or for given rounds or tournaments. I need to get this birdie. I need to get half of these holes. I need to get to -30 to win.

Is chasing a rating really THAT different?

Players frequently talk about chasing scores and trying to get certain numbers for given holes or for given rounds or tournaments. I need to get this birdie. I need to get half of these holes. I need to get to -30 to win.

Is chasing a rating really THAT different?

She should be concentrating on her next shot is my point.

I don't care what it is if it's not her next shot she needs to improve her mental game.

She should be concentrating on her next shot is my point.

I don't care what it is if it's not her next shot she needs to improve her mental game.

I'd agree that everyone needs to work on their concentration.

...but I believe that a lot of things lead up to your execution in a given moment and it isn't as binary as focusing on a given shot on course.

I'd agree that everyone needs to work on their concentration.

...but I believe that a lot of things lead up to your execution in a given moment and it isn't as binary as focusing on a given shot on course.

And if all those things are on your mind while you are playing golf your game will suffer.

And if all those things are on your mind while you are playing golf your game will suffer.
Depends on when they're on your mind.

You need to be able to focus once the time comes to begin assessing the shot ahead through the point where you're watching the disc move through the air. In between everyone is going to have a different place of comfort.

once again, from paige's instagram:
A day late on here, but I definitely celebrated Earth Day yesterday! Lying in a hammock, listening to the waves crash into the rocky shore line beside me, I found myself at total peace. A feeling not many people experience on a consistent basis, including me. We are engulfed in chaos in our cities, so much so that it can feel hard to breathe.

The biggest gift disc golf has given me is the opportunity to travel this incredible planet and to discover so many places that bring me that peace. For me that is anywhere near water. I love watching how soft and powerful it is. Never the same wave/ripple twice. Still and moving. It makes thoughts around change dance in my head. Why is change something we resist? Why are we afraid to adapt and form a new and better version of ourselves? Change is good, my hope is we all learn to embrace that just as the ocean does.

Where do you find your peace and what thought does it provoke in your head?

Not exactly the kind of post that's going to move merch for her sponsor. Do I dare say....she sounds a bit bored with disc golf? But otherwise... to have that obvious serenity is awesome for anyone.

I've always had the impression that she is a lot more well rounded and practices a lot less than what we might expect from a touring player.

So I'm not sure this is really a sign of her straying from what got her to this position.

So I'm not sure this is really a sign of her straying from what got her to this position.

Of course you're more than likely right, but it's fun to look at a few key words and speculate....lol..

It makes thoughts around change dance in my head. Why is change something we resist? Why are we afraid to adapt and form a new and better version of ourselves? Change is good, my hope is we all learn to embrace that just as the ocean does.

Do I dare say....she sounds a bit bored with disc golf?

I was starting to think the same thing. the tone of this quote, coupled with this bit from her interview earlier:

"We don't want to talk about disc golf. that's all we do all day long. we want to decompress after the round. Go hang out with our friends, eat a good meal, get some rest."

I get that perspective to an extent. but it also does sound like it's coming from somebody who isn't loving playing disc golf lately

Last edited:
Could be that she just needs to rebalance/reprioritize her life, for her to play her best.

I can see where top players could be about DG basically 24/, and how that might not be sustainable year after year, which could lead to a loss of enthusiasm and focus.

Maybe carving out more time to fit other things into her life allows her to better focus on and/or enjoy the time she spends on DG. Sometimes, you need to take a step backward, before you can take a step forward.

Or maybe completely off base. I wouldn't be surprised if Paige (and Paul for that matter) manage to Win World's this year, as well as quite a few other events this year. They might even use all the people questioning them as motivation.

Not exactly the kind of post that's going to move merch for her sponsor. Do I dare say....she sounds a bit bored with disc golf? But otherwise... to have that obvious serenity is awesome for anyone.

Under normal circumstances I would think the same thing, and I actually thought that the first time I read the Insta post.

After re-reading it, I'm thinking that she is just really really into Earth Day and recognized the need to recharge her batteries. I'm guessing she comes back pretty strong from this.

Last edited:
As far as being a professional disc golf player, Paige is a veteran and soon to be considered an older player. As far as being a person who is trying to handle her recent success in earning some "real" money while playing her sport, she is really a pretty young and inexperienced person. I'm willing to cut her some slack as she navigates all of this. She is really a good and sincere person, and those qualities make it easy to claim her as a favorite pro disc golfer.:thmbup:

After re-reading it, I'm thinking that she is just really really into Earth Day and recognized the need to recharge her batteries.

Quite possibly, but at the same time seems like a post better suited for a personal account compared to posting it on her @ppierce29190 which is obviously her PDGA account. I'd rather see her take time off and like you said, recharge her game than play several tournaments subpar. Ultimately I'm hoping she gets to 6x this year.

Latest posts