• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Paige Pierce #29190

Hmm never thought about how expensive it must be for two woman to get married. . Two rings, two dresses . .GULP

I mean, they don't have to do traditional wedding dresses if they don't want to. And these days a lot of couples are doing cheaper alternatives for the rings.

I mean, they don't have to do traditional wedding dresses if they don't want to. And these days a lot of couples are doing cheaper alternatives for the rings.

Sure they could, but the stones on those rings looked large. .

I kinda figured they were together for some time. I think a guy around here was convinced they were together since at least early 2021 so it's no surprise to me. Do I have my suspicions of why this came to be though...

I had the good fortune and timing to hang out with them (and their dogs!) at Champion's Cup for a little while, and they are seriously the most adorable couple ever. Couldn't be happier for them!

Absolutely love her message of positivity.

Obviously, I've followed her career over the past decade or so, but can't say I've really followed her. Has she always been such a philosopher of positive, affirming thoughts? Or is that something that's really only come to the surface since she's been with Alyssa? If so, good on Alyssa for bringing that out of her. She seems to be in such a healthy headspace the last year or so, I can really see her snagging #6 in 2022.

Hard not to pull for her, when she's pulling for her competitors, and wanting to lift them up. If there's one thing this world definitely needs moar of, it's positivity.

#PPositivityforthewin!

Last edited:
I haven't listened to this podcast yet, but I will be. I have been following Paige now for a number of years. Paige is a gem! Her form and throwing technique is perfection, and her achievements show that. However, for me it's her personality, ability to communicate, and her unselfishly promoting other players that really makes her shine. I like to follow many FPO players, but Paige really is in a league of her own, in my opinion of course.:)

While I like (and agree) with this post, unfortunately it's an even year so Paige won't be able to take it down. :D

So then who does? Maybe it's time for a European invasion...

I agree with the odd/even premise, but the cancellation of 2020 World's due to Covid threw the cadence off. :\

Paige won in 2019.
Cat won the next World's after that in 2021.
Paige is due win it in 2022.

Pretty sure I read that in the PDGA'sCompetition Manual. :rolleyes:

Kristin/Evaliina/Henna ...will just have to wait for 2023. ;)

Last edited:
I agree with the odd/even premise, but the cancellation of 2020 World's due to Covid threw the cadence off. :\

Paige won in 2019.
Cat won the next World's after that in 2021.
Paige is due win it in 2022.

Pretty sure I read that in the PDGA'sCompetition Manual. :rolleyes:

Kristin/Evaliina/Henna ...will just have to wait for 2023. ;)

Scoggins can putt in the heavy KS wind. Would be cool to see her take it down after winning FP40 Pro Masters World Championships.

Scoggins can putt in the heavy KS wind. Would be cool to see her take it down after winning FP40 Pro Masters World Championships.

So can Paige though. I see the two Finnish girls having all sorts of putting problems in that wind and Cat potentially as well. Ohn can't throw far enough, especially in the wind, on those courses to contend. Kona has the distance to bang but that wind will eat her putter alive.

I see it coming down to Paige vs Kristin. I'd pick a healthy Kristin but she's nursing a bum elbow. As far as I know Paige is healthy, those courses play very well to her strengths and she is the best wind putter out of the "big arms" in FPO that can score on those courses.

Dark horse picks are Ella Hanson, Holyn Handley, and Natalie Ryan.

Both of you make excellent points.
Can't believe I forgot about Ohn (especially since I'd posted about with the year she's been having).:doh:

And that Kansas wind will surely mess with Henna and Evaliina's heads close to the basket.

Hard to poke holes in Nick's post. Excellent assessment of how the FPO field's strengths and weaknesses are likely to play out at those venues. Great dark horse picks, too.

I think Cat and Ohn may crack top 5, but I'd be surprised if either of them win.

I don't think anyone could be truly "surprised" at a Paige or Kristin win. Really hope the elbow isn't a factor. A full on Kristin/Paige battle would be fun as hell to watch. :)

People said Cam Todd had no chance of winning the 2016 GBO due to his lack of distance, but that didn't stop him from becoming a National Tour victor that year. Perhaps Ohn's lack of distance will keep her OB penalties way down.

Another player that should be mentioned is Valerie Mandujano. I think she has a real shot to become the next FPO World Champion as well.

So can Paige though. I see the two Finnish girls having all sorts of putting problems in that wind and Cat potentially as well. Ohn can't throw far enough, especially in the wind, on those courses to contend. Kona has the distance to bang but that wind will eat her putter alive.

I see it coming down to Paige vs Kristin. I'd pick a healthy Kristin but she's nursing a bum elbow. As far as I know Paige is healthy, those courses play very well to her strengths and she is the best wind putter out of the "big arms" in FPO that can score on those courses.

Dark horse picks are Ella Hanson, Holyn Handley, and Natalie Ryan.

No offense intended but Kona doesn't belong in this discussion, not until she turns things around. I agree with Paige and. Kristin, I think Ohn can contend based on putting and control.

Looking back at the DDO a few things stand out. .

Paige beat Kristin by 8 strokes in R1. . .but lost by 9 in the end. .
Missy was 19 behind Kristin after four rounds. .
Cat and Kristin was close, everybody else was far behind. .

So if DDO is anything to go by, Worlds should be a race between Cat and Kristin. . and with Kristin hurt it looks good for Cat.

Latest posts