• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Pants for summer? Need suggestions

I like Prana brand shorts and pants. They are primarily a yoga/climbing company i believe, but i found their climbing pants and shorts to be perfect for disc golf. They have a style that has a little stretch in them which is comfortable when you have to straddle or lean out from an obstacle, doesnt hinder movement or flexability at all. They also dry very quickly. I think it was called a zion stretch pant. They are also found at REI, and as people have made REI brand suggestions i honestly dont think you can go wrong either way.

I've been wearing the Prana Zion convertible pants for about 3 months now. Very light and breathable, and like FFP said, they're yoga/climbing pants so they stretch in all the right places. Not a pulled thread that I could find.

They are a bit pricy, found them on Amazon for $60, I'm hoping that means I'll at least get several years out of them.

I wear fishing pants. They are made for fishing on hot summer days. Very light, breathable and durable through the brush. Most of them also have zip-off bottoms so they convert into shorts.

I wear super short jogging shorts. If I'm not bleeding I'm not having fun.

Check out Kuhl brand pants, also available at REI. Kind of pricy, so I look for when they show up in the REI Oulet online. They come in a variety of materials, but all are tailored for hiking and climbing (and thus disc golf).

Shorts as soon as it is warm enough to do so and just deal with the damn thorns and ticks as they come. If I am out to enjoy being outside would rather deal with a little pain than being hot!

Kilt. Be a man

sn_beer_1_1.jpg

This is the best pair of pants I've ever owned for any outdoor activity. Good all year round, breathable, dry fast, water resistant, stretch, can stand up to lots of thorns. Perfect for disc'ing in the woods.

http://www.kuhl.com/kuhl/mens/pants/renegade-pant/

REI and EMS both carry pants like this from time to time, but they tend to carry the styles that don't stretch like these. These are the pants you want. The rest of them are either too stiff, or not as breathable.

Also, for the ticks, try permethrin spray on your pants. Helps quite a bit. Deet works too, but I can't deal with deet on my skin, and it degrades fabric. my kuhl pants are always coated in permethrin (and it lasts 3-5 washes).

I just got done with my first Lyme's treatment. Hoping to avoid it again. Northeast is a dangerous place for disc'ers.

Buy a good pair of convertible pants such as Eastern Mountain Sports or The North Face, they will last for several years and worth the $.

I like the three-quarter length bouldering pants. And then pair them with some nice high baseball socks.

Still get a good breeze going,not so stifling that you feel like you're going to burn up to

I like the three-quarter length bouldering pants. And then pair them with some nice high baseball socks.

Still get a good breeze going,not so stifling that you feel like you're going to burn up to

In America, we call those "capris".

80's Spandex. just kidding.....

Long story short: moved from CA to NY where ticks, mosquitoes, and getting scratched up from running around in OB zones are more of a problem. Need some protection.

I was thinking of getting a loose athletic pants that didnt get too hot during the summer. Im going to be buying some Off Deep Woods (Dry) bug spray, but shorts I'll still have my legs exposed. I could also just use shorts with long socks or get some athletic tights.

Anyone have any suggestions on this?

Spandex, Lycra or elastane is a synthetic fiber known for its exceptional elasticity. It is stronger and more durable than natural rubber. It is a polyester-polyurethane copolymer that was invented in 1958 by chemist Joseph Shivers at DuPont's Benger Laboratory in Waynesboro, Virginia.

I can't really offer anything of value here. I just had a vision of someone playing in Spandex and started laughing. Leopard print is always nice....

when its that jungle amazon style weather I cant even imagine wearing pants of any shape or form.

We go from -30 degrees with plenty of time for wearing pants in multiple layers. My ass has shorts on before the snow melts as long as we hit 45 degrees its shorts on!

Just have to work the legs into the spring "break-in" and let the tall grasses, thorns, itch weed etc just kick your ass for a round or 2 and then you don't even notice. Bugs are not stopped by any pants, they will attack where they can so good luck playing in your bee suit.

Yeah I just go shorts. I'm going to have to check for ticks either way and I actually like being a little scraped up and bruised.