• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

PANTS or NO PANTS (Shorts)

Pants OR No Pants (Shorts)

• Pants

Votes: 45 23.6%
  • No Pants (Shorts)

Votes: 146 76.4%

• Total voters

Mythy

Par Member
Ok... I cut up my legs pretty seriously 2 weeks ago searching for a poor throw in some pricker bushes...

it's almost summer now... put some thought into this with me...

Pants... Hot but protection from Thorns, Poison Ivy mosquitos and ticks...

Shorts... Get your legs tan... be cool and comfy...

So what to do? anyone have any solutions????

or any good brands?

I'm in Northern Idaho for the summer, and the grass on the local courses is knee-to-waist high. I'm still wearing pants, but I seem to be the only one!

in NECT... we've got poison, ticks and mosquitoes on the fairway... it's unsettling :|

I play in WI forests, and I apply bug spray before every round. Ticks are crazy here this year.

Poison ivy, well....keep it on the fairway, son.

I'm going Cale Levieska style from now on. Recovering from a wicked bout of poison ivy. I got a pair of hiking pants from Gander Mtn. that are light but strong. Really happy with them so far.

Depends on the course

^ this. If a course is known to have a decent amount of poison ivy/oak or very thorny rough, I might wear long pants, even in the summer.

I wear shorts and just suck it up. By the end of the "shorts" season my legs are a mess. And so are my arms.

The best solution is to stay on the fairway.

If only I could.

Hello pants
gary_busey_amazon_fire_tv_screenshot.jpg

I'm terribly reactive to poison oak and ivy, but I hate wearing pants when it's hot out. I got some football socks that go up to my knees, I'll wear those with shorts, they keep my legs from getting cut up or itchy but they're still cooler than pants.

Pants or no pants? Depends on which hole I'm playing.

Like many players, I'll wear pants if I'm gonna be in the nasty stuff. Shorts otherwise.

Latest posts