• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

PANTS or NO PANTS (Shorts)

Pants OR No Pants (Shorts)

• Pants

Votes: 45 23.6%
  • No Pants (Shorts)

Votes: 146 76.4%

• Total voters
Careful-- it still COULD one day. specially as we get older and the more you are exposed to it. There is no such thing as a actual poison ivy tolerance.

Shorts just about year around. I'm pretty immune to Poison Ivy but obviously I stay out of it as best I can b/c I want that tolerance to last. Poison Oak I'm iffy. Sumac will light me up big time so I avoid that like the plague.

Like Mashy, I wear some long socks if I have the forethought to put them on.

I'm told that eating cashews daily helps with poison ivy reaction...

there have got to be some lightweight pants that are durable, protective, and (yeah I'm going there) stylish... because you gotta look good out there right???

and if your legs are all torn up... how you gonna look good???

Careful-- it still COULD one day. specially as we get older and the more you are exposed to it. There is no such thing as a actual poison ivy tolerance.

Not true. For people who aren't completely immune, you're right that it's possible to have no reaction at first and build up a reaction the more you're exposed. 10-20% of the population are completely immune though, and just don't react at all regardless of repeated exposure.

10-20% of the population are completely immune though, and just don't react at all regardless of repeated exposure.

my dermatologist said that was BS but what do they know. Basically they can control the inflammatory reactions FOR NOW.. its never for life.

my dermatologist said that was BS but what do they know. Basically they can control the inflammatory reactions FOR NOW.. its never for life.

And I've heard from other dermatologists and immunologists that a percentage of people just don't have a reaction to it ever. Either way it's irrelevant to someone like me who gets a rash if I think about the stupid plant too much.

interesting with all the reactivity to the ridiculous plant that it's 2 to 1 for shorts in the survey...

Are there any courses that do ivy maintenance??? Or use it as a selling point...

"no Poison Ivy... play here"

???
:)

also this is my post in honor of Sheriff Shane Hnidy... #34 foreva

Last edited:
interesting with all the reactivity to the ridiculous plant that it's 2 to 1 for shorts in the survey...

Are there any courses that do ivy maintenance??? Or use it as a selling point...

"no Poison Ivy... play here"

???
:)

also this is my post in honor of Sheriff Shane Hnidy... #34 foreva

sidewinder i think is working on it but its a tough battle to eradicate where its a problem. Best bet is to keep dead trees and stumps off the property.

Us Floridians don't have the option of pants in the summer, long socks is the best it gets for me in terms of protection of my legs in the summer.

I wear shorts almost year round, yet i rarely get poison ivy. Even when i do, it doesn't bother me much. Heck, the red rash it gives me seems to bother everyone else much more than myself.

If you must wear long pants, i recommend some very light wind pants. At least then the poison ivy, as well as thorns, will stay off yer legs.

Shorts when its hot enough. I keep alcohol pads in my bag, when I get into poison ivy, I wipe off my exposed skin immediately with an alcohol wipe. Its a friggin' miracle!

Yeah, Streets, but you have that bramble stuff down there. Was the only thing I disliked about Va-Du-Mar. That crap sticks to everything.

Yeah, Streets, but you have that bramble stuff down there. Was the only thing I disliked about Va-Du-Mar. That crap sticks to everything.

This is true, too bad I can't be immune to thorns also. :(

Latest posts