• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Par Save Productions

azplaya25

Double Eagle Member
I know Jomez seems to be the gold standard, but I'm really impressed with the tournament coverage from Par Save. Check out this sick camera work and excellent audio on this long putt from Ricky. The crowd cheering, the camera work, Perkins with the classic line "I want to run with Ricky on every putt." Great work from Par Save, Perkins, and KJo all around:

https://youtu.be/roh36v2x72o?t=210

I've been working closely with par save. Love these guys, love what they're doing. Many of their things you will hear a shoutout for treasures of the forest :) And many people involved may receive a mini from me :) Great job guys, keep it going!

I noticed that too. Their video looks amazing now...the colors are so rich.

Honestly the best in the game right now and I've been watching DG coverage dating back to the mid 2000's. Their post hole graphics showing the shot travel, the camera quality, the angles and visual features to their filming style are out of this world.

It was pretty good coverage, not Jomez good, but pretty good.

For starters I would really like to see them "trim the fat" so that 9 holes isn't a 45+ minute video.
I actually enjoyed the 45 minute length. Offered more room for replays, for one thing.

I know Jomez seems to be the gold standard, but I'm really impressed with the tournament coverage from Par Save. Check out this sick camera work and excellent audio on this long putt from Ricky. The crowd cheering, the camera work, Perkins with the classic line "I want to run with Ricky on every putt." Great work from Par Save, Perkins, and KJo all around:

https://youtu.be/roh36v2x72o?t=210
Modern cameras are nuts.... look how smooth that tracks following Ricky. And then when it cuts - look at how much the cameraperson is moving that camera around while following him. Wow.

I know Jomez inspires some sort of extreme devotion in people, but I think I would rather have Par Save on lead. Maybe not always so I could have some variety in my life, but I just like the look and feel of the production a bit better. It's good to have so many good companies filming these days. We get so much more coverage to watch and they all push each other to be better.

Modern cameras are nuts.... look how smooth that tracks following Ricky. And then when it cuts - look at how much the cameraperson is moving that camera around while following him. Wow.

That run with him almost feels like you're there.

It was pretty good coverage, not Jomez good, but pretty good.

For starters I would really like to see them "trim the fat" so that 9 holes isn't a 45+ minute video.

I think it's at least as good as Jomez...and I'm huge Jomez fans, were from the same town in West Texas and I used to golf with those boys back in San Angelo.

I know Jomez inspires some sort of extreme devotion in people, but I think I would rather have Par Save on lead. Maybe not always so I could have some variety in my life, but I just like the look and feel of the production a bit better. It's good to have so many good companies filming these days. We get so much more coverage to watch and they all push each other to be better.

I agree - we are blessed to have so many companies producing badass content. CCDG has been killing it with Philo commentary, and Jomez is still awesome. I guess the thing I'm digging about Par Save is they keep the audio after the shot so you can hear the players react - I don't think I've noticed that on other productions. Like you can hear the guys talking to their disc as they fly, which is awesome. That, combined with the rich colors and close up camera work, really makes it feel like you are just standing there playing a round with all your favorite dudes

These guys are doing great work, agreed.
Just a reminder that if you want to help them, Sub, Like and comment.
These small things help the YouTube algorithms and they get little more $upport from YT.

To clarify, I have no connection to PARSAVE, but love their coverage and really want to see them succeed, just as I want Jomez and GK and JB-TV and SmashBoxx and CCDG and others that I should remember.

I like the alternative to Jomez, bringing a little more of the players' in-round personality into the game. I like the "fat" and don't think they should trim it. It's not better or worse in that respect, it's just different and good. Same goes for the camera angles especially around the green. They have something unique and I like it.

Another cool piece is the hole recap graphic, with each player's shots charted out over the hole's layout.

But there are some professionalism problems. After round 3, they scrolled the ROUND TWO leaderboard (not the only issue of this sort either). Come on now, this is the stuff you have to get right, at the very basic level.

PSP coverage is awesome. I enjoyed KJ's commentary immensely. Perkins with that overkill of trying to find his low announcer voice was borderline creepy. Might work well in a nsfw video though. ;) lol...

Really enjoying Perkins and Jones' commentary.
I found some of the camera work on Par Save not great quality. The first round catch cam on the lighthouse hole was really jerky. Also that first round visibility in the dappled shade was quite difficult to watch/see. I know that's a difficult place to film though so I can't complain much about it.
I enjoy the extra audio that we get, it's sometimes a little jarring in Jomez when it cuts off the audio when players are in the middle of saying something. I do like Jomez's video length though so it seems a fair tradeoff. I like that we have two great approaches there.

I have been loving but PSP has been doing and I love Nate and Kevin on commentary. the only thing that I noticed is that sometimes the catch cam seemed to lose track of the disc and where it landed. but all in all we are very lucky to have such amazing coverage.

I have been loving but PSP has been doing and I love Nate and Kevin on commentary. the only thing that I noticed is that sometimes the catch cam seemed to lose track of the disc and where it landed. but all in all we are very lucky to have such amazing coverage.

Yeah noticed that too - though to be fair, that course is really tight and wooded with some thick rough. Guaranteed I would lose at least one disc playing that course

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First round of the silver cup was interesting as nate and kj poked fun at Nikko. Which brings up a question both nate and KJ both gave tacit approval for a marshall to keep a clock and watch feet.

Footage was amazing. Really enjoyed all the cam angles and audio.

Now to the commentators...i like Nate for the most part but he needs a better compliment to pull out his personality more. KJ is tough to listen to. Just dont feel any personality from him.

Sexton is always good commentary as well as Uli. Simon is great too. Philo is hit and miss.
Sexton found his compliment. Once another "couple" get that vibe , that footage will take off. (When footage is plentiful again)

Par save's coverage just keeps getting better and better. Really, all the crews keep getting better, but Par save has improved the most in my opinion.

Latest posts