• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Paul Mcbeth Luna review

Hmm I may need to check out a rubber blend buzzz for myself. Does it have the same grittiness the proto lunas had?

Yes, the texture is the same but the RB Buzzz might be a hair softer

LOVE the flight of the RB Buzzz but its not very durable

I've never thrown a Roach with the stability of a Luna... Luna can definitely handle a lot more torque.

I've thrown several of both, all runs available as of yet.

They're basically exactly the same thing. Same basic flights, same basic feels, same torque resistance.

Same disc. We've even taken calipers to these things. They fall within the same caliper measurements. If there is a difference you'd need precision laser measurement systems to find it.

Don't you find it funny how everytime he was waiting on his disc runs he was practicing hard core with Roaches of similar plastics? Before he got his be first run on Lunas he was practicing with Jawbreaker Roaches, Before he got his big Z Lunas he was practicing hard with Big Z Roaches.

I've thrown several of both, all runs available as of yet.

They're basically exactly the same thing. Same basic flights, same basic feels, same torque resistance.

Same disc. We've even taken calipers to these things. They fall within the same caliper measurements. If there is a difference you'd need precision laser measurement systems to find it.

Don't you find it funny how everytime he was waiting on his disc runs he was practicing hard core with Roaches of similar plastics? Before he got his be first run on Lunas he was practicing with Jawbreaker Roaches, Before he got his big Z Lunas he was practicing hard with Big Z Roaches.

Seems all Paul did not like was the dome on the Roach, like that affected the grip/feel of the disc.

Last edited:
Can someone tell me how the different Luna runs feel? I have some of the PRotos that are grippy...

The Proto has a very "gritty" feel with a lot of texture in the plastic
The First runs are smoother and more like a "hard Jawbreaker" . . and i think it less stable
Stock run...same feel as First run. a hair softer and a hair more stable
ESP feels like the new ESP, flies straight
CryZtal, harder and more grippy than Z . .the most stable Luna
Never felt or thrown the Big Z

I have found the most recent Lunas to have a smoother/cleaner look but they fly a little less stable than my PRotos. I didn't like the first runs and now I picked up 4 stock Lunas at 16 a piece and I don't like them as much as the proto haha bummer - its better winter plastic but I keep missing putts right. so I putt a proto back in the bag / also trying a shield and liking that for softer plastic and a little more stable

Random question - Has anyone tried Dying the Luna's? either Proto or newest run of baseline/special blend?

I had an idea (as I did in the past I would dye discs black for my putters)
to try and dye a 'not so cool' colored Luna black. BUT, the last time I tried this on a baseline plastic it just came out purple and kinda shiddy. So I don't want to waste it on another disc. Curious if anyone has messed w/ the Protos ?

I don't wanna mess them up either as they are hard to find. But if I could get a Jet black one that would be sweet. Otherwise Discraft needs to make another run of these and make them NOT feel like rock hard toy plastic that has no grip on the chains ;)

Discraft needs to make another run of these and make them NOT feel like rock hard toy plastic that has no grip on the chains ;)
That's just what many pros prefer (it's Paul's putter). People say they like soft and flexible I guess because it feels cozy in hand. However, stability and predictability is the name of the game.

Last edited:
That's just common sense. What other Discraft putter was he supposed to be practicing with? It says absolutely nothing though lol. If he had a choice and wasn't a sellout, then he'd probably be practicing with P2s. If we're being real.... LOL

That's just common sense. What other Discraft putter was he supposed to be practicing with? It says absolutely nothing though lol. If he had a choice and wasn't a sellout, then he'd probably be practicing with P2s. If we're being real.... LOL

I wouldn't bet on that. The Luna seems to give him more confidence as he "designed" it how he wamted it. He did alright with Simon's P2s in the bag swap vid, but not as well as he could've had he been using Lunas.

Actually I bet he uses the Z Magnet like he did when playing sponsored by Prodigy before the company made discs. I bet Paul McBeth keeps using the Z Magnet or the Stiff plastic for the Clutch now if he was not sponsored.

I wouldn't bet on that. The Luna seems to give him more confidence as he "designed" it how he wamted it. He did alright with Simon's P2s in the bag swap vid, but not as well as he could've had he been using Lunas.

Hate to spoil the party but Paul isn't a designer. And he went to Discraft for money, not because he always loved the company. Roach is most similar to the popular putters of other companies. But I don't know, if I wasn't a designer and I "designed" a disc, I probably wouldn't be too confident with it. But only Paul knows that, regardless of what he feeds the public. I think he and others have been playing long enough it doesn't really matter what they use as long as it glides. They might've already had the Luna designed and produced before Paul even got there. It's a money grab, not a "provide the public with the best possible disc." IMO

before Paul became Mr. McPro and was getting signature discs, he was using P2s......

Last edited:
Sure paul is not a designer ,but he DOES know exactly how he wants a disc to feel and fly.....he had a big stack of prototypes of the Luna that he tested and made small changes to before he was satisfied.
Most high level pros in any sports are very picky about the equipment they use..and they may not have designed the equipment, but they have a big say in how it preform and is made.

Sure paul is not a designer ,but he DOES know exactly how he wants a disc to feel and fly.....he had a big stack of prototypes of the Luna that he tested and made small changes to before he was satisfied.
Most high level pros in any sports are very picky about the equipment they use..and they may not have designed the equipment, but they have a big say in how it preform and is made.

Yes, and like William Wallace, he shoots bolts of lightning from his arse to smite his foes.

Even if Paul isn´t a designer..he did design the Luna. . even if he just made small changes to a Roach and new plastic, every change is a design change and that makes him the designer of that discs

Latest posts