• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

PDGA NT: 2019 Dynamic Discs Glass Blown Open 24-Apr to 27-Apr-2019

You're giving these players far more credit than they've earned.[ I'm sure all of them had their caddy books. I'm also sure that none of them even considered taking a look at it. In my experience, skill in throwing a disc has no correlation whatsoever to one's knowledge and understanding of the rules.

Nah, I'm not giving any credit.

In a situation like this, where the caddy book provided a clear procedure, I'm tempted to advocate a misplay for the entire card.

You're giving these players far more credit than they've earned. I'm sure all of them had their caddy books. I'm also sure that none of them even considered taking a look at it. In my experience, skill in throwing a disc has no correlation whatsoever to one's knowledge and understanding of the rules.

It was encouraging to see a player consult the caddy book on #16 for a situation in Rd 3 which I will not spoil.

Comparing a publicly traded company to a fledgling disc golf stream is apples to.....I don't even know.

not comparing companies at all. just business practices. it just occurred to me that i don't see commentators in other professional sports earning their living from sales of the equipment being used or in any way influencing the public as to the effectiveness of those products.

after all the seminars i have been to i tend to think in legalese. in a way i am relieved to know no one cares.

The little live-stream that I watched, it seemed like Robert did a good job of calling out what discs the players were throwing, even when they weren't DD/Trilogy. Innova, Discmania, Discraft, he noted players throwing discs if he had an idea what disc it was.

Robert did great on live. He and AJ was too much goofiness for my taste. They're too friendly with each other to do good commentary together.

The little live-stream that I watched, it seemed like Robert did a good job of calling out what discs the players were throwing, even when they weren't DD/Trilogy. Innova, Discmania, Discraft, he noted players throwing discs if he had an idea what disc it was.

I think he and Terry talked about this a one point, seams like McCall goes out and talks to the players on the card on what discs they have in the bag

I find it interesting to look at the mens leader board and to see that the trilogy family has 2 players inside the top 30. For DD's flagship event I would think they are not too happy about this.

Duh that's what happens when none of your molds are beefy enough for the Kansas winds.

Drew Gibson was just ahead of his time.

I find it interesting to look at the mens leader board and to see that the trilogy family has 2 players inside the top 30. For DD's flagship event I would think they are not too happy about this.

Looks like maybe 4 in the top 30: J McCray, P. McBride, AJ Risley, E Keith. But, about the same.

Dynamic Discs will just have to console themselves this week knowing that they have built a tournament that is quite good, and that continues to grow. And, hopefully these tournaments will help them to grow their business, where they may eventually be in a position to attract more of the top athletes in the sport.

Duh that's what happens when none of your molds are beefy enough for the Kansas winds.

Drew Gibson was just ahead of his time.

Have you ever heard of the Stiletto?

Drew Gibson can't throw one of these 500 ft...because they're SO OVERSTABLE. :)

Is there crazy wind? Cue the fight music.

That "Rainwater razz round" is paired up with MPO 1st plays with FPO 4th ?

So if Paul Winns as is stands now Paul will play with Van Dyken or Jen Allen . . i wonder what he prefers ;)

So if Paul Winns as is stands now Paul will play with Van Dyken or Jen Allen . . i wonder what he prefers ;)

Sounds like a TMZ moment.

BTW, what the heck happened to Eagle in round 3. Come on, Eagle. Win this thing.

Wow, Cat really gave Paige a big opening on hole 8 but Paige totaly blow it . .i just can´t understand WHY they play that hole so aggressive. . and , well...bad

JohnE's second throw round 2 basket 17 never came back in bounds but he took it perpendicular to where it stopped.

I guess angry old men get to do that?

Just how many times has Paige P thrown TO far? . . she really needs to dial that in

Latest posts