• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

PDGA NT: 2019 Dynamic Discs Glass Blown Open 24-Apr to 27-Apr-2019

There's a Jones Gold? Thought it was just East and West, neither of which is a true Gold level course (East is probably a Blue+).

I've heard EMAC refer to a Jones Gold. I always thought it was an MPO layout that used both East and West, but can't confirm and don't know if Gold meant Gold level or was just a reference to "hardest." That's if I'm not just totally confused.

I thought for sure someone was gonna do something crazy to win on the last hole... nope. Splash, splash, a clank and Paul gets to layup from 15 feet.

Amazing, how McBeth definitely played subpar , yet still is able to scuffle for an NT win

I'd like to see hole #16 be a true island hole with no lay up area. If they miss the island, put em on the island but far left side of the island away from the basket for a very long putt for par. Scores would probably still avg the same, but fans would get to see all the players throwing over the pond.

I'd like to see hole #16 be a true island hole with no lay up area. If they miss the island, put em on the island but far left side of the island away from the basket for a very long putt for par. Scores would probably still avg the same, but fans would get to see all the players throwing over the pond.
If you did that, players should have the option to start from the Drop Zone playing their 3rd shot so they don't have to risk losing a disc. A better way to play it would be to allow player's the choice if they land in the water on their drive to either advance to the DZ lying 2 like the current rule or re-throw from the tee lying one. I think you would see more throws from either MPO or FPO tees.

I had to turn off the razz round on the 3rd tee. Someone's going to get killed and I don't want to see it...

I'd just like to mention that McBeth did not win any one round. 3 back on rd one, 2 back on rd two, 3 back on rd three and 5 back on rd four. And yet...

So, is lots of OB on an open course the secret to making finishes close and exciting?

That FPO finish, especially, was very exciting. But poor Jessica Weese! Ouch!

It speaks extremely well of Paige Pierce's integrity that she called Catrina Allen's disc inbounds on Hole 16. It really was that close, and Paige could've called it the other way. And it would've made a difference in the final score as well, all else being equal. Mucho kudos to Paige.

I also liked how on the 18th tee, PP praised the spectators for coming out to the tournament.

Interesting how playing in that wind would be miserable... but watching the best golfers play in that wind was awesome. I say our PDGA fees go towards buying giant wind machines so we can have wind like that at every tournament. It made their decision making so much more important. Even lay ups and 15 foot putts were suspenseful. In calm conditions you can just go get another beer during those shots because they are automatic for those guys.

Paul didn't win with a ton of razzle dazzle, but he seemed to make the fewest mistakes. The guys around him fell victim one by one.

A solid, grinding victory. Smart shot making and an overall very professional approach.

Because as you all know, that's more important than allowing players to use laying up as a strategy move when the wind has turned going for it into a crapshoot.

Sure I get that, it's just on this particular hole, it's been a spectator favorite over the years watching the pros go for the island.

AB's was a 27' putt for birdie

I meant R2, which looks to be from C2.

And R4 he got it from C1.

Almost as impressive as the two HIOs by Earhart

Damn, I need to tone down my acronym use.

Anywhoooo.... Most exciting finish since Worlds. USDGC was titillating too but the lack of complete coverage.

What a great event and what a pleasure it was watching the FPO and MPO!

This isn't even hindsight because I thought this when it was happening live...Eagle going for eagle on #18 was not his best chance to win the event. I think by FAR Eagle's best chance was - he birdies, McBeth pars and then go to a playoff. An Eagle birdie and a McBeth par on #18 would not have been some wild, unlikely occurrence. Eagle getting an eagle on #18 was MUCH more unlikely.

In the live coverage, Terry and Robert said nothing on commentary and I looked through this forum and found no mention of this. Maybe there were some comments posted on the live coverage or maybe I am just missing something here. Eagle made the best "try to win it on the last hole" choice but not the best "try to win the event" choice.

Latest posts