• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Pdga question

chalos13

Par Member
Bronze level trusted reviewer
So I've finally decided to join the pdga, but this late in the year I want to join after October 1st so it carries for 2015. Does anyone know how fast you normally get your membership card and your stuff? There's a tournament I want to play, and I would need my card.
Does anyone know if it's better to do it on the phone or online?

you shouldn't need your card to play as a member- just print out the receipt from paying online and the td should accept it.

It usually takes about a month to get my renewal package each year, but it might take a little longer for a new membership plus October is probably one of the busiest months for membership because of the situation you're in. I would guess 6 weeks. Chuck may be able to chime in with a better answer if he sees the thread. I don't think it'll make any difference whether you do it online or over the phone.

As far as the card, are you sure you need it? I've never been asked for mine at any event, even the first ones I went to. If they said you do specifically, that might be a different story.

It may take quite awhile to get your physical member packet, especially if they need to wait until they have all of the new materials they plan to send with the 2015 renewals. Many times that's not ready to go until November. But not to worry. Once you're paid and processed, your name will be shown as a member online and to TDs who can access the PDGA current member list for their events.

Not once did I ever have to show my card at a tournament. There should be an entry field to fill out when you register for the tournament, and the TD should have an up to date current member list to show that you're active.

As long as you get a number, you're fine.

Hell, as long as you told the TD you've signed up but didn't get a number, most will take you at your word.

Is the PDGA disc still a Latitude Diamond? Any rumours on when it will change?

It changes occassionally. 3 yrs ago it was a Discraft Stalker. Then Lat64 Diamond. I would guess it would change in a year or so. You only get one - for new memberships. Renewals do not get a disc.

It changes occassionally. 3 yrs ago it was a Discraft Stalker. Then Lat64 Diamond. I would guess it would change in a year or so. You only get one - for new memberships. Renewals do not get a disc.

Between the Stalker and the Diamond was a Black Discwing QK2... which unfortunately is what i got when i signed up.

Renewals get a metal bag tag instead, which I actually liked a lot more than the disc I never used or bagged. :D

Renewals get a metal bag tag instead, which I actually liked a lot more than the disc I never used or bagged. :D

I think I got an X-Clone, maybe a Cyclone. I like the metal bag tag as well, use it as a key ring adornment. Wish it had our PDGA number on it though.

I think I got an X-Clone, maybe a Cyclone. I like the metal bag tag as well, use it as a key ring adornment. Wish it had our PDGA number on it though.

Haha, I never thought of it as a bagtag. I have it on my keychain as well.

My PDGA disc was the ol' X Storm. :) Lost it pretty quickly. I use the PDGA metal tags as a key-ring adornment too, five of them are perfect for my "backup" keys. Don't have a 2012 though was never current that year.

Latest posts