• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

PDGA ratings are up. How'd you do?

I wrote and asked the ratings committee:

Are tournament results made official at the same time (or immediately before) when player ratings are calculated -- or is it a separate process?

If a separate process, then are results made official as individual TD reports are submitted or as a batch process?

If a batch process, is there a regular schedule (like player ratings) when the batches are run?

Roger dodger, over and out. Thanks for your hard work! tk

I received two answers:

The events turn Official in bulk when the ratings are published.

However, when events are imported (imported individually then data crunched in batches of 30) the players receive credit for the event including awarded points. Once the ratings are published then the ratings both display on the event and are included in the player's profiles.

The Ratings Update schedule is here: http://www.pdga.com/faq#t133n21245

and

Batch process sometimes a week or two before ratings processing gets underway but normally when ratings processing gets underway usually by Friday 2.5 weeks before ratings are posted.

About 2.5 weeks before ratings are posted per this schedule for 2014: http://www.pdga.com/faq/ratings/when-updated

So it would seem that any tournament scores that are not yet labeled "official" are unlikely to be included in tomorrow's ratings. Sadly, I have 10 rounds that average more than 20 points above my current rating -- six of them B-tier. Oh well, maybe next month ...

So without any new data, but dropping my first official tournament ever from 2013, I should go from 848 to 855. Played really nicely (for me) this last weekend with rounds of 896, 918 and 905 making my last 5 tournament rounds above 890. :) I think my goal of 880 by the end of the year is well in sight.

I just ran my numbers. It looks like I only have one event (out of 6 played this year) that has official results. That will probably bump my rating up one point.

I did this wrong. I actually ran the numbers from the last update... :wall:

This one brought me down 4 to 928. The 878 at Maple Hill really hurt.

Ratings are up, I wasn't expecting that when I woke up. Down 12 to 865. Recorded my highest round ever, 951 but also had a pair of 810s ugh......

went down 5 points. had some bad rounds at league and my next one will have an 868 rated round. not looking forward to that drop. I have queen city ams coming up so i want to shoot well.

Should go up a little more. Picking up new rounds averaging 20 points higher than the rounds I am dropping.

Sweet. Big jump of 4 points for me up to 942, my highest ever. Also the most rounds included in an update ever for me at 76. :hfive:

Interesting anomaly for me: no new rounds were included in my ratings (even though I have had some rounds between ratings), but one round was dropped because that round is now over a year old. As a result, my rating actually dropped a few points since only 3 rounds are double counted. The one round that was dropped was one of my better ones, so losing that had a fairly significant impact.

Interesting anomaly for me: no new rounds were included in my ratings (even though I have had some rounds between ratings), but one round was dropped because that round is now over a year old. As a result, my rating actually dropped a few points since only 3 rounds are double counted. The one round that was dropped was one of my better ones, so losing that had a fairly significant impact.

That shouldn't happen. Rounds are dropped when they're more than a year before the last round in the update, not if they're a year old at the time of the update. I still have rounds from June 2013 included in my rating...

Final round of the Majestic hurt. Ick. Down three to 940. I don't have anymore tournaments planned for this year so I guess I'll be there awhile.

Up one (woohoo) to 893, but still waiting on my win at the Bluegrass Open to show up...

Up 7 to 989. Still got a league round from over a year ago thats still being counted and that kept me from the 990's.

Latest posts