• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

PDGA ratings are up. How'd you do?

No rating change for me, no events in the last 3 months.

My 12 year old son inch a point up to 944, he got 3 rounds at the memorial coming up. The course looks super tough with all the tweaks. Could be a ratings killer.

Memorial courses have traditionally killed ratings of players lacking semi-accurate distance and produce great ratings for those with the distance to not have to worry about all the water carries.

No rating change for me, no events in the last 3 months.

My 12 year old son inch a point up to 944, he got 3 rounds at the memorial coming up. The course looks super tough with all the tweaks. Could be a ratings killer.

That's amazing! Does he have to move up to MJ-15 this year? We have an MJ-12 kid a couple hours away who is real, real good like this, already has a hat with his own logo on it! He won MJ-12 worlds by 10 strokes last year, and played up a division into MJ-15 for the Michigan junior states and won that too.

Exciting to see this sort of talent from such young people. It'll be interesting to see the talent pool for elite players in 15 years when these kids will be at their prime.

My son played with the kid you speak of. My kid wasn't ready then. We took aspects of what we saw and have implemented it to my sons game. The big thing with my kid is that he can throw 400 feet with both arms. He picked up the nickname 2armmonster. We're trying to dial in more accuracy and distance. My son has sprouted up a foot in the last year and he's one of 2-3 kids coming hard from Southern California. Since I watch the talent pool a lot, I will admit it will be tough to win in the future with the amount of kids coming up. U have to have an ability that separates you from others like distance, accuracy or throwing with both arms. Now if I could just speed things up and put more muscle or mass on my sons frame I would be happy.

That's amazing! Does he have to move up to MJ-15 this year? We have an MJ-12 kid a couple hours away who is real, real good like this, already has a hat with his own logo on it! He won MJ-12 worlds by 10 strokes last year, and played up a division into MJ-15 for the Michigan junior states and won that too.

Exciting to see this sort of talent from such young people. It'll be interesting to see the talent pool for elite players in 15 years when these kids will be at their prime.

My son played with the kid you speak of. My kid wasn't ready then. We took aspects of what we saw and have implemented it to my sons game. The big thing with my kid is that he can throw 400 feet with both arms. He picked up the nickname 2armmonster. We're trying to dial in more accuracy and distance. My son has sprouted up a foot in the last year and he's one of 2-3 kids coming hard from Southern California. Since I watch the talent pool a lot, I will admit it will be tough to win in the future with the amount of kids coming up. U have to have an ability that separates you from others like distance, accuracy or throwing with both arms. Now if I could just speed things up and put more muscle or mass on my sons frame I would be happy.

Wow, both arms!! I can't hit 400' with either one of mine!

Last summer he did a video on instagram where he challenged people to throw further then him by throwing back to back drives but with both arms. Both his throws were between 360-375 then. Now its just dialing it all in. Golf distance is better then distance competitions.

Wow, both arms!! I can't hit 400' with either one of mine!

-6 with the latest update. Heading the wrong direction.

Note to self: maybe skip sanctioned rounds in the winter months next year.

+5 to 888 so moving in the right direction again. 3 rounds this weekend in the Duncan Lake Hillclimber Open B tier.

I am up 6 after dropping 15 over the last few updates. After a year of dealing with RA stuff and only playing a couple of sanctioned events in that time, it is nice to be feeling better and putting up good consistent sanctioned rounds to move the needle in the other direction again.

My son is +3 points to 947

12-year-old with plenty of time to figure it out. The Memorial would have killed his rating, but he bounced back this past weekend with a 1013 round to help neutralize the damage.

https://www.pdga.com/player/46920

I'm down 5 points. Slow start to my season.

I just got my first rating 879. Been playing for about 1.5 years, and I played in my first tournament, my first sanctioned anything this weekend. Won MA3 by 2 strokes. The first round was the best round I've ever played (-7), the second round my MA3 qualifications showed up (+2). It was at the course that I've historically played the best at and it's extremely RHFH friendly. We'll have to see what happens when I start playing sanctioned events at some other courses around my area.

Down 2 points. Played a bad round in the rain. Actually happy that my rating didn't drop lower.

Leagues start up in 2 weeks and have 2 tournaments next month. Working to get that rating up.

Heimburg jumps up +4 to a top rated tie (for DGPT players) with McBeth dropping -2 at 1046. Wysocki and McMahon kinda dropped back to the pack with their returns to competition from time off.

Not much movement on FPO side. Tattar's tournaments so far this year have been 2 above average rounds + 1 below average or all 3 right around her rating. I don't know if there will be any FPO players to really push her enough to raise up the rating into the 990s but she is managing 1000+ rated rounds pretty frequently.

My personal rating has dropped slightly this year (2023 avg. 946) but I have a few low rated rounds from April last year dropping off in the next update. Hopefully my tournament this weekend produces some good results to get 2x weighting.

+15 to 811 after two tournaments (829 and 854). Hadn't played a tournament since November of 21.

Down 3 to 885 but have 4 sanctioned league rounds averaging 923 that aren't counted yet. Might need to adjust my goal of 900 down to 890 for the time being, maybe next month.

My rating dropped 21 points, but my Global Old Hippie Ranking (or whatever it is) went way up. I guess decrepitudeness is running rampant among my peers.