• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

PDGA ratings are up. How'd you do?

Ouch down by 5 to 875. One really bad C-Tier dragged me down! No worries ~ I shot well 2 weeks ago and hope to get those points back and then some...

Why move to open with Am worlds near us in MN next year? Sure, maybe play there for the challenge, but don't accept cash. You've got a shot at an AM world title, don't mess that up!

I dont plan on taking cash until AM Worlds. Im not sure what division to play in for Am worlds though.

Slooooow creep continues, ive had a rating for 3 updates, 845, 846, now 847...

I dont plan on taking cash until AM Worlds. Im not sure what division to play in for Am worlds though.

As a 984 you should go for the highest division. Also, if I were you, I would play open and just not accept cash. There is no reason to bag the hell out of the Am divisions, leave that for the people drying to become an open player, not for the open players trying to maintain Am status.

So...I'm at 925 still. I played a tourney in August and I shot 2 rounds well above 925 and I didn't move up even 1 point. How is that possible.

Look at your ratings detail. If the TD hadn't turned in his stuff on time, that tourney might not be in there yet.

As a 984 you should go for the highest division. Also, if I were you, I would play open and just not accept cash. There is no reason to bag the hell out of the Am divisions, leave that for the people drying to become an open player, not for the open players trying to maintain Am status.
Yeah, I am definitely moving up to open, just not going to take cash. My last Adv. tournament was last weekend. I feel like it is really hard to win AM worlds in the advanced division though, I think I would have a much better shot in 19 under. In MA1 you basically have to average 1010+ just to have a chance at winning.

there was a time when the main goal was to go pro. You worked hard to be a pro and left the Am Worlds for those, what were they called? Yes the ams. Somewhere around 2000 they must have done a huge promotion to make the Am Worlds more prestigious. I'm definitely not hating on it here. Don't get me wrong. Now I find myself wondering how much pressure is put on those Ams every year to win that one holy spot. How many years do they try? When is enough?

there was a time when the main goal was to go pro. You worked hard to be a pro and left the Am Worlds for those, what were they called? Yes the ams. Somewhere around 2000 they must have done a huge promotion to make the Am Worlds more prestigious. I'm definitely not hating on it here. Don't get me wrong. Now I find myself wondering how much pressure is put on those Ams every year to win that one holy spot. How many years do they try? When is enough?
My cousin steven jacobs this years am worlds winner, worked very hard on putting and did field work pretty often. Een if he sidnt win am world he would have gone pro

Ratings update

Anybody know when the next update is? Started out the year at 877 and steadily moved up to a 914. However the last tourney I had rounds of 943, 958 and 977. Looks like im going to play advanced next year whether I'm rated it or not.

Anybody know when the next update is? Started out the year at 877 and steadily moved up to a 914. However the last tourney I had rounds of 943, 958 and 977. Looks like im going to play advanced next year whether I'm rated it or not.

Next rating update is October 22nd. Your rating is currently comprised of 24 rounds, only 2 of which will fall outside the 12 month time frame they use for calculating ratings. It will take a lot more than those 3 rounds to bump your rating up into advanced territory.

Question on ratings:

How do sanctioned leagues get rated? Our pdga sanctioned league starts this month (first ever PDGA sanctioned league in Korea!) And runs for six weeks. Is each round rated or is at all one final rating? Cant find the answer anywhere on PDGA.com

rating

Next rating update is October 22nd. Your rating is currently comprised of 24 rounds, only 2 of which will fall outside the 12 month time frame they use for calculating ratings. It will take a lot more than those 3 rounds to bump your rating up into advanced territory.

Thsnks for letting me know the date. Yesh i dont expect to be advanced rated after one tournament lol. I just meantbits time for me to start playing advanced.

ating.

Man thats alot of typos. Hard to post from my phone. Looks like im going to have to wait for the November update to see. Hoping for a 925ish type rating as i still have a couple other rounds coming in. On a second note my wife shot a 843 rated round. Thats got to help her rating as well.

Latest posts