• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

PDGA ratings are up. How'd you do?

Went up 2 to 852. Not even close to my goal of 880 by end of the year. Maybe I'll get close. Not enough tournaments left though.

Down 4 to 906 ... Just bumped up to MA1; saw a similar drop when I moved up to MA2. I'm thinking I might go sandbag MA2 for a couple tourneys; seemed to help last time.

Playing your rating Isn't sandbagging, my friend.

I've noticed that I too play better when playing against people of my skill level. Some tournaments though, especially around here, everyone In MA2 is 870 or lower. So I get to stroke my ego with a decent finish In MA2 ;)

Man, the Am Worlds ratings changed when they became official. I assumed Lions (4) was way high & Kaposia (6) way low, but really how were they that far off???

880 -> 877
858 -> 843
856 -> 855
1007 -> 921 (-86! -- Lions)
892 -> 866 (-26! -- The Valley)
737 -> 856 (+119! -- Kaposia)

Man, the Am Worlds ratings changed when they became official. I assumed Lions (4) was way high & Kaposia (6) way low, but really how were they that far off???

880 -> 877
858 -> 843
856 -> 855
1007 -> 921 (-86! -- Lions)
892 -> 866 (-26! -- The Valley)
737 -> 856 (+119! -- Kaposia)

Most likely...they were incorrectly entered for the unofficial results. Not intentionally of course, but it's a fairly complicated process to assign the proper course to each round across multiple divisions and multiple rounds, particularly if pools are shuffled together midway through the tournament.

The official report had all the correct course assignments, so the official ratings are correct.

Apparently there's some glitch in the software that causes round ratings to go out of whack after the "shuffle" of the Advanced Men's pools. The shuffle occurred after the 3rd round, and it's the last three rounds that were significantly off.

Up 2 to 969, looking forward to the next one though. Should be a healthy jump with my last four rounds averaging 990.

Tomorrow is the day....

and I will most likely continue my roller coaster year by going back down a bit. I'm guessing 862-865.

I am expecting another bump! Had a 10 point jump last update to a 920, and should have 7 rounds going in on this update:

Cant wait to see what it bumps me too now! Hopefully all those rounds actually go in!

At what rating would you consider someone a "good" player?

Personally I've always thought of a 1000-rated player as a great player. Someone who is good enough that they can beat even the Mcbeths and Climos when they're on fire. With that said, even a good advanced player (950+) will feel like a champion at the local course 97 times out of 100 they go there if they're basing their skills off what other people do... since the average player is probably anywhere from as low as 500 to 600 all the way up to 900.

My answer is that a 1000-rated player is a pretty good disc golfer.

As for the PDGA update, I don't think I'm gonna squeak in this time as my only rated rounds were last weekend. Next update, I think I'm going up about 10 points which will be nice. Almost to the elusive 900!

Ratings upload is in progress. You can find your updated rating on your history page. The main listing hasn't quite caught up yet.

Latest posts