• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

PDGA ratings are up. How'd you do?

Moved up 27 points to 763; still not an amazing (or really even a decent) rating but each tourney I've played I've gotten better and better!

I haven't played a rated round since last fall, I do have 7 rounds that should have dropped and it still shows my last update as last November. I thought once rounds were over a year old they would drop. Am I mistaken that these rounds should have dropped?

I haven't played a rated round since last fall, I do have 7 rounds that should have dropped and it still shows my last update as last November. I thought once rounds were over a year old they would drop. Am I mistaken that these rounds should have dropped?

Yes you are mistaken....you need to add new rds in order for old rds to fall off....if you don't play any new rds your rating never changes

Are you having fun? Because that's all that matters! I'm glad to see the perseverance in your post!

Heck yeah! :thmbup: My first two tournaments weren't as much fun because I was still figuring how to play tourney golf, but the last two I've been playing better and better, and not getting down on myself as much. I'm hoping when I get in a gym this summer and spend more time playing and practicing putting that I will improve even more!

When should one expect rounds to drop off there rating?

Last year was my first year playing tournaments and my first one from March is still on there. I didn't do so well, being my first tourney, and would love for those two rounds to drop off. I even played the same event this year back in March, and thought that would've dropped last years, but it stayed.

Steady at 932. Started the year at 939 and set a goal to break 940 this year. Two failed tournaments later and back down 7 points. Still have a lot of golf left this year to reach my goal.

When should one expect rounds to drop off there rating?

Last year was my first year playing tournaments and my first one from March is still on there. I didn't do so well, being my first tourney, and would love for those two rounds to drop off. I even played the same event this year back in March, and thought that would've dropped last years, but it stayed.

Events drop if they are more than a year older than your most recently rated round. If you have fewer than eight total scores in your rating, they extend that period to two years.

For example, if you played a tournament on March 15 last year, and then played the same tournament this year but it was played on March 14...both will be in your rating if this year's tournament is your most recent because they are within a year of each other.

I gotcha.

So right now, my most recent rated round is March 21st, and that tourney last year was March 22nd, so they are within a year of each other. Once my April events from this year go in, the March 22nd from last year will drop off, if im understanding you correctly.

Still waiting for February and March results to pop up on my rating :|

Went up 7 points to my best rating yet, 940! Just earned my first trophy in advanced this past weekend as well. All four rounds were better then my new current rating. Going in the right direction!

Can we expect ratings to be update a day early tomorrow, or will we be waiting until the official date on Tuesday? I think this may be my time to officially break into the 980s

I expect to see my rating drop further. Went down 7 points from last year already and it's going to dip some more. Tough year so far.

Considering Big Dog is at the St, Jude's event and Roger hasn't completed the update yet, I would think Tuesday is the earliest you might see the ratings update.

Latest posts