• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

PDGA ratings are up. How'd you do?

I think the ratings are working as we would hope; those playing one course (with OB) have ratings set as a group while those playing a different course (without OB) are set as seperate group. It's just a odd combination of overall poor play by the the AM propogators (or excellent overall play by the Open propogators) in the 3rd round that have allowed them to have a higher rating at the same score while on a easier course (I'm calling it a seperate course due to having different OB rules).

This is dead on. Different OBs = different course. There's no adjustment necessary (or possible) since the ratings were calculated as two distinct courses already. The math is what the math is.

It looks like the ratings in R3 are about the same even though the pros had the additional OB. The thing is, we might assume a course will play tougher with additional OB. However, the ratings results indicate that wasn't the case. Having two different pools play two layouts where the only difference is OB is like an experiment to see if the OB makes a difference. Sometimes we're surprised that it did not, at least in this experiment.

That's a bummer. I played well but still lost 3 strokes that round to Pro OB and another 3 in the final 9too. Bummer that the ratings turned out that way. I would've shot a 46 in am OB

Back up 7 points to 925. Still pretty sad considering I ended last year at 939. That's what I get for quitting 2 tournaments early this year because I have an awful head game. Going to kill it the rest of the year and finish over 930.

first pdga rating for this guy is......... 872. Struggled at both tourneys I've played in this year. Would be a lot lower if it wasn't for good final rounds.

Rating went up for the first time ever. Next update will make it two in a row based on my most recent tourney, which included my highest-ever rated round. I still suck, but at least I'm moving in the right direction!

my prediction was wrong. holding strong at 895. next update should drop five rounds averaging 885 and add double rated rounds averaging about 910. still won't see much improvement. back to the practice basket.

Up 35 to 896, lol.

I've still only got 4 rounds included in my rating. 850, 871, 907, 954. At least I'm moving in the right direction!

Jumped 48 points to get to 839. It's nice to see some rounds drop from when I was terrible last fall. I've been playing consistently between 850 and 900 lately.

Went up to iron hill to caddy, ended up playing king of the hill. All four layouts in one day. First time playing there. Plus I was sick and completely unprepared mentally and physically. Only two Gatorade and one sandwich and one pack of crackers.

Definitely didn't play my best (my worst driving ever! Putted ok!) and it netted me a 890. I feel like I'm at 930-960 ATM with my skills increasing weekly. I'd really like to get up to 980 within a year.

Just have smooth up a little bit. Really start thinking about things. I was able to watch feldberg and Rico this weekend. Learned a ton! It was the first time I was able to watch top players play. And feldbeard did a clinic. And man I was doing stuff wrong (still am but working on it)

Good luck all!

Dropped 10 rounds averaging 960, added 8 rounds averaging 949. Overall rating dropped from 962 to 961.

Come on out for 5 rated rounds at Jekyl and Hyde this saturday! Last time I had 4 out of 5 rounds above my rating. Unfortunately I'm still stuck at 883.

Second this!

Hey I dropped a point overall (well, there were some Novice rounds in the bunch), but the ten under I shot on one of the short rounds out there last time netted me my very first thousand rated round! :D

Dammit, I can't bag intermediate any more. It was fun while it lasted, this marks the end of my broken foot decline, and the start of the long climb back up.

Went from 928 to 935

Latest posts