• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

PDGA ratings are up. How'd you do?

Just curious to how long scores stay on your rating. i have 2 rounds from June 2014 that are still on there. they are both under 900 and i think are lowering my rating quite a bit.

Right now i am a 929, not happy with that. would like to be at a 950.

Provided you have at least 8 rounds in your rating, old rounds drop off once they are at least 12 months older than your most recently rated round. So the reason your June 2014 rounds are still in your average is either you don't have many rounds overall or your rating doesn't include anything from June X 2015 forward (X being the day of those 2014 rounds).

Just curious to how long scores stay on your rating. i have 2 rounds from June 2014 that are still on there. they are both under 900 and i think are lowering my rating quite a bit.

Right now i am a 929, not happy with that. would like to be at a 950.

I'd like to be a 950, too, but I'm stuck below 800. I have some better rounds in the queue, but the results are still unofficial, so I'm waiting at least another month for a better rating.

Your most recent rated round was dated July 5, 2015, so your rating will include all rounds dated after July 5, 2014. Your league rounds all appear to be dated after July 5, 2014. To get those off you're record, you'll have to play an event in 2015 that was more than a year later than those rounds.

Up 5 to 892, have a 929 and 919 round that will go on at the end of singles season. Need to throw solid rounds at my next tourney to get over that 900 rated.

I'd like to be a 950, too, but I'm stuck below 800. I have some better rounds in the queue, but the results are still unofficial, so I'm waiting at least another month for a better rating.

Your most recent rated round was dated July 5, 2015, so your rating will include all rounds dated after July 5, 2014. Your league rounds all appear to be dated after July 5, 2014. To get those off you're record, you'll have to play an event in 2015 that was more than a year later than those rounds.

Ok thanks. I have a B teir coming this weekend. Idlewild is tough. might be interesting. lol

Dropped down to a 918. Started the year at 939 I think. Lost all motivation to keep paying for tournaments this year so it will be a while before I can climb back up.

I really would love it if player's packs weren't a part of B-Tiers. $20 for a Men's Advanced entry would be nice.$45-$60 a tournament isn't worth it anymore.

Last edited:
^and its assures that any people with ratings have to play in their proper divisions. You need to request off one of the two remaining local sanctioned tourneys. Mt Airy CCS or Battle of the Burg.

Dropped down to a 918. Started the year at 939 I think. Lost all motivation to keep paying for tournaments this year so it will be a while before I can climb back up.

I really would love it if player's packs weren't a part of B-Tiers. $20 for a Men's Advanced entry would be nice.$45-$60 a tournament isn't worth it anymore.

Do they offer trophy only option in your area? I know our local series offers trophy only or half-in options to make playing tournaments more affordable. I am able to play Open half-in for $28.00. Pretty good deal if you ask me.

My rating is climbing again, went from 950 to 957. Hopefully will climb even a little higher next update. Been averaging 965 since the start of July.

Getting used to the more technical golf here on the east coast, but my most recent PDGA event didn't really do me any favors. Down 3 points, but hoping to rebound in the last two events of the year and get enough points to qualify for Worlds.

From the PDGA site:

Due to the constraints on available staff time caused by of the Hall of Fame Classic National Tour and A-Tier events and the following Board of Directors Summit Meeting (all at the IDGC), the publication of the Player Ratings Update will be delayed one week to September 29th. We apologize for the extra wait and any inconvenience.

Please note that September 29th is still the report submission deadline for the ratings update scheduled for October 20th.

I got my first ranking of the year in July at 797, then went up all the way to 839, and then I started playing more like myself again. My 835 isn't going to hold up much longer...