• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

PDGA ratings are up. How'd you do?

No change, but will have 3 tourneys coming in the next update. I expect little to no change there as well :\

Down 3 back to rec at 899! Next couple updates will help though, I have averaged about 915-920 for the 4 tournaments still not included, and my worst rounds from last year still being used will start to fall off.

Up 6 and finally over the 900 hump. At 903 now. No new tourney rounds coming up. Might play a tourney at the beginning of September though

I'm in a league that's ongoing, but 4 or 5 rounds took place before the submission deadline for today's ratings update. Do league rounds not get included until the full season is complete and submitted?

I'm in a league that's ongoing, but 4 or 5 rounds took place before the submission deadline for today's ratings update. Do league rounds not get included until the full season is complete and submitted?

Leagues are treated like tournaments...they aren't officially submitted until they are complete.

How long till rounds drop off? I had a one round tournament over 2 years ago on the record that's 803 rated. Went tin cup style the last 2 holes and amassed a ton of strokes. Haha I've only had 2 rated rounds since then though.

All properly reported PDGA events for the past 12 months are included in a player's ratings calculation. If you
have less than 8 rounds of data, the program will go back as far as 24 months until it either finds 8 total rounds, or
it will select all your rounds if less than 8.

source

How long till rounds drop off? I had a one round tournament over 2 years ago on the record that's 803 rated. Went tin cup style the last 2 holes and amassed a ton of strokes. Haha I've only had 2 rated rounds since then though.

Normally, rounds older than 1 year from your most recently played/rated round are dropped. If you have fewer than eight of those, it extends out for two years from that date.

Up 5 to 971, my highest rating yet.

Been playing more consistently this year, just got to keep working, especially with Worlds in just a few weeks.

So...my rating hasn't updated since May. I think it should have gone down a bit. Anybody else have a static rating?

So...my rating hasn't updated since May. I think it should have gone down a bit. Anybody else have a static rating?

Your rating is still dated May 17. You have played 3 events since March, but those have not become official yet, thus, your rating did not update in June or July. If the TD's get their reports in, your rating should update in August.

I went 15 points to 901 after a clerical error from the Mad City Open has me with 993 rated round for a 51 from the shorts (18 holes)
My third round rating at elver also reflects the long tees instead of the shorts as well.

Up 5 to 971, my highest rating yet.

Been playing more consistently this year, just got to keep working, especially with Worlds in just a few weeks.

Congrats man! 970 is a huge milestone. It was when I began to feel like a "real" Open player, and the beginning of a re-invigoration to improve even more. Keep it up! Youll find it funny that in the coming years (and possibly already) how those 970-980 rounds start to feel like bad golf, when not long ago those were really great rounds.

I went 15 points to 901 after a clerical error from the Mad City Open has me with 993 rated round for a 51 from the shorts (18 holes)
My third round rating at elver also reflects the long tees instead of the shorts as well.

I noticed the errors for MCO when the ratings came out and already notified Big Dog. It was indeed a problem with layouts (based on tees). Rec, MM1, and MG1 all played short tees in round 1 at Bird's, but were split for rounds 2 and 3. The TD report had us all on the long tees all three rounds. So, Rec ratings for 2 & 3 should go down when they run the next update. The PDGA is verifying with the TD that everything has been corrected.

I just got my PDGA number this year and my first rating is 807. I have no idea what that means.:confused: I think it means I kind of suck, but not too bad.;)

You're OK, don't lose heart. :)
"Novice" rated players range up to 850. You can estimate every ten rating points as -about- a stroke per 18 holes in a tourney setting. So if, say, your putting improves so you're hitting cleaner a third of the time, you might find yourself so good they wouldn't even let you play that division.
A lot of folks improve rapidly, and you can, too, if the addiction has you. :p I play 70-80 points better (on average) than I did when I started four and a half years ago, and I'm middle aged and overweight. :eek:

I just got my PDGA number this year and my first rating is 807. I have no idea what that means.:confused: I think it means I kind of suck, but not too bad.;)

800+ rating with ten rated rounds makes a propogator, and in my area atleast they are rare. Keep up the grind and good luck.

Latest posts