• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

PDGA ratings are up. How'd you do?

Mayhem is still not official (876, 889), so I'll need to tear it up at token glide series to offset that if I am not going to drop.

I feel like I can be 950-960, but I gotta stop throwing all these 905 rounds. 12 tournament rounds left this year to try to get there. Consistency is my #1 goal for the last 6 tournaments.

Well, going 924, 994 yesterday should help offset those sub 900s I got coming. So close! 1 stroke from my first 1000 rated round!

Question: Are rounds weighted based on number of holes? Does a round of 27 count for more than a round of 18?

My awful tourney finally went official in this update - apparently my 877 is bad enough to not count, so I got that going for me, which is nice.

But I still had 2 sub 900s go in this update which brought me down from 934 to 933. First time heading the wrong way since July '16. Last few events were good though, so I'll go back up next time.

Well, going 924, 994 yesterday should help offset those sub 900s I got coming. So close! 1 stroke from my first 1000 rated round!

Question: Are rounds weighted based on number of holes? Does a round of 27 count for more than a round of 18?
Yes, the ratings are weighted based on the number of holes.

The ratings for Am Worlds this year got really screwed up. Not so much for advanced, but for many other divisions. They made a mess of the MJ1 ratings especially - screwed up rounds five and six as well as the semis. You would figure they would clean that up before the official update.

I'm at 922. I had a terrible tournament on Sunday. My home course (Dretzka) was turned into 18 safari holes (normally 27 holes). I didn't play well with all the added OB lines. I did park a 501' hole, best part of my day. After the next update my rating should still go up, there's still three 950 rated rounds that haven't been factored in yet. I'll hopefully be a true advanced player by next year. I have above average backhand distance, my putting just needs to improve.

Dropped two points from a earlier in the year event just going official. Ratings junk for the year. Started out bad this spring then started playing better.

Down 2... was happy last month to jump to 912. I guess I'm happy that I'm still at 910, but I feel like I can play so much better. Only played one tourney last month with two rounds right around 900... won't change this month with no tourneys.

Down 4 to 871. Finally stopped the bleeding sunday with a couple ok'ish rounds. Dropping some bad rounds also, so I should go back up a couple points when this one goes official.

Finally over the Int/Adv cutoff - up 8 to 941.

4 rounds since then that aren't included are all lower than that, so I have work to do in the last 2 events to keep it there.

I had a huge drop in my rating this update. Worst I've been rated since 2008, and I earned it with 3 consecutive sub 900 rounds. Sitting at 925 right now but that only reflects how poorly I played in the last update and not how I'm playing now.

Almost my lowest rating ever, lowest since 2010 anyway, 5 in a row under 900 earned me a 914 - been since my first rating in 2010 which was 907.

Up 12 to 854; I dropped down to Rec my last two tournaments in Cincinnati and that helped me shoot better rounds because I was actually competitive in my division. The Tuesday Night leagues at Mt Airy definitely helped as well, as I had some highly rated rounds there. The next update should drop a few points as I didn't shoot as well at my tournament this past weekend, but that was mainly due to not being in as good shape as I could be and needing more putting practice. But for right now I'm super excited that I'm finally rated too highly to be eligible for the Novice division :D

Latest posts