• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

PDGA ratings are up. How'd you do?

Only 1 event left this year. If I can play really well there, I think I have a shot at ending the year 950+, which was my goal.

So damn close....

I went up a bit more to 947, and this last even still hasn't been counted. But I threw my only really bad round of the last like 7 events there - 896, but then followed it up with a 967. I'm hoping maybe since I was so consistent at the end that 896 will be bad enough to be not counted. Then that 967 may get me to my goal of 950. Otherwise I'll be dropping back to like 942.

Dropped two. I've played in two events since my last update and only one counted, so far. It was the worst if the two, also, so I'm hoping the two rounds for my last event bump me back up to where I was at, or maybe even one better...

I would be happy to start next year at 935 and shoot to improve by 10 or so.

I was hoping for a ratings bump, but some recent tournaments I've played weren't included yet because the TDs seem not to have submitted the reports yet, including one from late September. Is this something the TD should be alerted to? Has something changed with how event reports are submitted? Example: https://www.pdga.com/tour/event/35755

For the third update in a row, I'm stuck at 918. It's not that I'm a 918 rated player, I've been on a really bad run of tournaments. Every tournament I've been averaging my rating, but I feel like I'm playing the worst golf of my life. So, I guess that is a good sign?

I was hoping for a ratings bump, but some recent tournaments I've played weren't included yet because the TDs seem not to have submitted the reports yet, including one from late September. Is this something the TD should be alerted to? Has something changed with how event reports are submitted? Example: https://www.pdga.com/tour/event/35755

Nothing has really changed (though in some ways can be easier). The submission deadline for this update was October 9. The TDs get automatic emails from the PDGA when the reports are due and also when past due.

Nothing has really changed (though in some ways can be easier). The submission deadline for this update was October 9. The TDs get automatic emails from the PDGA when the reports are due and also when past due.

Well, the online submission (no spreadsheet necessary) is a fairly significant change. I'm not sure it's to blame for this particular event, but I can see where some TDs might mistakenly think that the addition of the online report submission feature means that they are done upon uploading the scores.

Basically it's the same mistake that TDs of the past used to make when they uploaded scores but failed to email the Excel report, only now they are uploading/posting scores but not completing the online report and clicking submit.

What's great is that now the PDGA results page shows exactly what step in the process the event is in, so that when a player wants to know what the delay is in points and ratings being assigned, they know who to contact/blame. "Waiting for report" means get on the TD to submit it, "official ratings pending" means it's in the PDGA's hands and will be updated soon.

Up 6 points to finally reach 900. This update made my week :) ! Now to work on my consistency and keep my rating moving in the right direction.

Down 14 to my worst rating since I started. I'm somehow getting worse at tournament play.

Down 14 to my worst rating since I started. I'm somehow getting worse at tournament play.

Same here. My putting is horrid during tournaments despite practicing all the time. I think it's due my lack of interest in tournaments this year. I simply just don't care.

Up 5, currently at 838. I was shooting for 850 this year and came close with an 844, then had a few events where I didn't play very well. I'll make it next year.:thmbup:

Up 2 points to 935. Sadly, the 1017 rated round I shot didn't do anything to my rating because the round before it got bumped down to a 863 from 905.. Sad day. Time to play more tournaments

Seems like theres a new feature on player's profiles that seem to indicate what your player rating will be for the upcoming update.

Idk if that's indicative of the next update, but maybe what the most recent update did to your rating.

I have a -2 next to mine and that's the hit my rating took this last update. I believe the next one should probably bump me up one or two.

Latest posts