• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

PDGA Smoking Ban

Do you Agree with the PDGA ban on smoking at majors?

• Yes

Votes: 67 63.2%
  • No

Votes: 39 36.8%

• Total voters
Cheif, how do i go about doing the same?
I think thats even better then re newing.

I hope that all those potential childen spectators sign up to replace me ;)

I went to the PDGA site, and went to the "contact" tab. That will lead you to the membership director.

It's also worth noting, that other than during the finals at the AmWorlds, the only things watching us play were birds and squirrels. They told me they were very impressed with how health conscious we had to be for a few hours...

Last edited:
Anyone thinking second hand smoke is to blame for the ban is ignorant. No one cares about second hand smoke. Honestly if you sat down and thought about the number of carcinogens you take in each day, including but not limited to bottled water, cell phones, microwaves, processed food, television, the sun, etc., the small amount of second hand smoke you may or may not inhale in a park is the least of your worries. Worrying about kids smoking is ridiculous as well. They can't legally smoke or purchase cigarettes til they're 18 anyway, and by that time they can make their own decisions. The real problem is that smokers stink. They smell horrible and the throw their butts everywhere. End of discussion.

^Whenever I DO smoke on the course, the butts go into the trash, and if one isn't around, there's a baggie I put the butts in until I do find a trash.

And as for the stink....its not the cigs.:sick:

I NEVER throw my butts on the ground, and patchouli oil smells far worse than cigarettes.

I find it funny that people are ok with campfires, but cigarettes are the devil.

The hypocracy is what stinks, and everyone jumping on the whole PC bandwagon is rediculous.

Artificial sweeteners are cancer causing, so next week they're checking everyone's coffee at that A-Tier.

They've already established that it's not a health or odor concern by banning E-Cigs. It's purely a PC issue.

I like the ban. I don't smoke cigs. I find that even the most considerate of smokers distracts me when playing on my card.

Why should I have to put up with that when playing in a competition that I pay to participate in?

Smokers always complain about "their" freedom with no regard to the fact that they impose on mine. Please don't tell me that I have to hold my breath, walk away if I don't like it, or ignore the person smoking.

I pay to play, but I still have to deal with annoying things. If your bothered by smokers, not SMOKE. Then its not going to change anything, those people are gonna annoy the piss out of you complaining about the lack of smoking.

Anyone thinking second hand smoke is to blame for the ban is ignorant. No one cares about second hand smoke. Honestly if you sat down and thought about the number of carcinogens you take in each day, including but not limited to bottled water, cell phones, microwaves, processed food, television, the sun, etc., the small amount of second hand smoke you may or may not inhale in a park is the least of your worries. Worrying about kids smoking is ridiculous as well. They can't legally smoke or purchase cigarettes til they're 18 anyway, and by that time they can make their own decisions. The real problem is that smokers stink. They smell horrible and the throw their butts everywhere. End of discussion.

1:Field strip, insert into bag or pocket.
2:Empty bag or pocket at end of round in trash/or wait for wife to yell at you for leaving the butts in your pocket...
3: Laugh at the idiots that think all smokers flick butts on the ground.

Guess what not all DGers smoke pot and drink. Ask anyone who sees the "hippies playing with frisbee's" and they think we do.

Thanks for your worthless generalization of smokers.

Says the non-smoker.

I don't like eggplant. They shouldn't be allowed to serve that anymore. It offends my delicate senses.

I know, I don't really have a huge problem with it, I was just trying to be a dick. Eggplant also kinda sucks though :gross:

I pay to play, but I still have to deal with annoying things. If your bothered by smokers, not SMOKE. Then its not going to change anything, those people are gonna annoy the piss out of you complaining about the lack of smoking.

I've got no problem with smokers, I don't like the smoke. I'll always have to play with people that are annoying or complaining, at least now at a major I won't need to deal with smoke too.

I severely hope that the PDGA bans breathing loudly and talking in general at all future big events.

I think banning the e cigarettes is a bit silly. Those guys already look silly enough.

Will drinking be allowed in these designated areas or, preferably, other areas designated for drinking but not smoking?

Latest posts