• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

PDGA Smoking Ban

Do you Agree with the PDGA ban on smoking at majors?

• Yes

Votes: 67 63.2%
  • No

Votes: 39 36.8%

• Total voters
1:Field strip, insert into bag or pocket.
2:Empty bag or pocket at end of round in trash/or wait for wife to yell at you for leaving the butts in your pocket...
3: Laugh at the idiots that think all smokers flick butts on the ground.

Guess what not all DGers smoke pot and drink. Ask anyone who sees the "hippies playing with frisbee's" and they think we do.

Thanks for your worthless generalization of smokers.

No, thank you for thinking I was throwing everyone in the ring. I am a smoker, and I definitely pick up my butts, but for some reason I keep seeing butts flicked all over the ground. It's as if I am not the only one smoking. Stereotypes are there for a reason. Just because you and I are not throwing our butts wherever is most convenient, doesn't mean everyone else isn't. I'm so tired of everyone throwing their hands up and screaming "not me". I really don't care what you are doing, I speaking in general, and generally speaking there are a lot of cigarette butts on the ground.

Doesn't the part about setting up smoke stations at the TD's discretion mean some sort of compromise?

Or the fact that this only applies to Majors, not 99.6% of PDGA events, or non-PDGA events, or casual play, or.....

Though I did choke on the "out of public view" part, since that pretty much describes disc golf overall.

No, thank you for thinking I was throwing everyone in the ring. I am a smoker, and I definitely pick up my butts, but for some reason I keep seeing butts flicked all over the ground. It's as if I am not the only one smoking. Stereotypes are there for a reason. Just because you and I are not throwing our butts wherever is most convenient, doesn't mean everyone else isn't. I'm so tired of everyone throwing their hands up and screaming "not me". I really don't care what you are doing, I speaking in general, and generally speaking there are a lot of cigarette butts on the ground.

Yeah, I know of a private course with no non-disc-golf traffic that gets its share of cigarette butts left after tournaments. Most other disc golfer vices, they take them home with them.

The PGA Grand Slam of Golf is on TNT. I had it on for a few minutes. Darrin Clark had a bad shot, (for a pro anyway, I'd take it) and they showed him going to his bag, pulling out a pack of cigarettes, take one out and put it in his mouth before they cut away.

This was about 30 minutes ago.

The PGA Grand Slam of Golf is on TNT. I had it on for a few minutes. Darrin Clark had a bad shot, (for a pro anyway, I'd take it) and they showed him going to his bag, pulling out a pack of cigarettes, take one out and put it in his mouth before they cut away.

This was about 30 minutes ago.

Here I was about to try to get into BG and then I see this!!! Guess I will have to just play Bingo.

Here I was about to try to get into BG and then I see this!!! Guess I will have to just play Bingo.

Have you ever been in a Bingo hall? Old gamblers smoke like chimneys and the place usually reeks of stale smoke and the ceilings have a nice yellow nicotine tint to them. :gross:

Have you ever been in a Bingo hall? Old gamblers smoke like chimneys and the place usually reeks of stale smoke and the ceilings have a nice yellow nicotine tint to them. :gross:

Not anymore since all indoor public places now prohibit smoking.

Not anymore since all indoor public places now prohibit smoking.
I'm not aware of a federal indoor ban, but I'd be all for it. Even the bingo halls that haven't been smoked in for years still smell like stale cigarettes and have nicotine caked all over the place.

Private clubs can do whatever they want. Smoking was banned in NY while we were there but you could smoke like a chimney in the American Legion.

Also GA can allow indoor smoking if you only allow 18 and up in so all the strip clubs and some bars and even a few restaurants are adult only.

But... everyone who plays disc golf smokes some sort of chemical substance.

Okay, not everyone. But you know that sketchy group of kids that comes to your course, and smokes funny smelling cigarettes when the entrance of the course clearly states "tobacco free zone."

One opinion. The poll does not have enough parameters. I voted no because I would be against the CURRENT "non-smoking" policy, but I do think there should be some limitations and there should be a policy. Also, I think the poll responses should be delineated by smokers and non-smokers.

Just one thought.

But... everyone who plays disc golf smokes some sort of chemical substance.

Okay, not everyone. But you know that sketchy group of kids that comes to your course, and smokes funny smelling cigarettes when the entrance of the course clearly states "tobacco free zone."

Really...which course has a tobacco free zone? Is this in a public park? Just curious...

Latest posts