• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Pet Peeves

You're just mad and jealous you don't have said "CE TEEBIRD"

Haha, a little. Its not really a pet peeve, just me being jelly. haha. I'm sure people say the same thing about me throwing some of my discs. :clap:

My pet peave is the guy that in the last two tourneys i have played and he was on my card he has aces. Can that be a pet peeve or is that just jealousy? Oh and he beat me down pretty handily.

Also the guy that just moved up to am2 cause he was "dominating" and procedes to tell everyone on the card they should move up to am3 cause he is getting waxed.

People who take themselves too seriously. I am as laid back as they come. All rounds tourney or not are casual to me.

Doesn't really make me mad, but it's always awkward to get on a card at weekly doubles/singles/etc. with someone who doesn't speak while playing. I completely understand not wanting to have people talking while you're putting/driving/throwing in general, but not talking and getting to know the people I'm playing with makes for an extremely boring round.

Also, I could care less if you want to smoke or drink on the course, but if you offer me a joint and I pass, don't keep trying to push it on me. It goes from being a nice gesture to a major annoyance very quickly.

Something that I'm sure is irritating a lot of us (at least in the Northern Hemisphere) this time of year, but we can't do anything about. Long hours of low horizon sunlight.

Something that I'm sure is irritating a lot of us (at least in the Northern Hemisphere) this time of year, but we can't do anything about. Long hours of low horizon sunlight.

I was just telling my wife yesterday as we drove home from work...it sucks that I'm coming to work as the sun comes up, and driving home as it goes down....how the heck am I supposed to do any more than practice putting in the backyard?

Add in that it's supposed to be rainy this weekend, and it means I won't get out but once in two weeks. That's just not acceptable, so I've decided to take vacation on Monday and throw all day.

The guy at the practice basket before a tournament throwing 10 putters and everyone else has 2 or 3.

People that don't see the value in gaining distance
People who tell me to work on my putting

Second this. I feel if I can obtain good distance and reach the circle that would give me more incentive to work on my putting and do so while playing routine rounds because I'm in the green anyways. It's confidence thing that would probably make me a better putter. Telling myself I can nail 50-60' putts just doesn't do it anymore.

My PP's are:

- People who play a little worse than you do but find it necessary to tell you what disc you should be driving with or putting with. Somehow, these people seem to par after spraying almost every shot. :\

- Groups of TEN or more on a pad throwing and putting out of order.

- People with their dogs in the fairway.

- Chuckers who are playing behind you that decide to walk back to the next hole. Usually means they found your disc that you left behind and they want to keep it.

Another pet peeve is disc selection. Specifically when bad players have super expensive or super rare discs. No need to have a ce teebird and only throw it for like 250ft short drives.

You must really hate me then. I throw 11x Gazelles and a bar stamp Buzzz all the time. I hardly ever clear 250', and I'm almost always the highest score on the course. I pay into ace pots and tournaments because it's fun and I like the experience. I throw what I throw because I like the way the disc flies for me. My pet peeve is people like you who have a problem with that. If you win a tournament I'm in I just padded your pocket. And guess what? I probably had more fun than you did in the process.

Old men driving denalis and escalades that slow everyone down because there collecting pop can from the trash

How do you think we afford Denalis and Escalades (actually Lincoln Navigator). Not to mention the shelves of high end Euro plastic in the garage. :p

I was just telling my wife yesterday as we drove home from work...it sucks that I'm coming to work as the sun comes up, and driving home as it goes down....how the heck am I supposed to do any more than practice putting in the backyard?

Add in that it's supposed to be rainy this weekend, and it means I won't get out but once in two weeks. That's just not acceptable, so I've decided to take vacation on Monday and throw all day.

You need one of these, it works for me.

Attachments

• BAYSL1005_LG.jpg
    BAYSL1005_LG.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 11
You need one of these, it works for me.

That seems like it would be a hassle to drag around the course.

If you mean just in the backyard, I've got that covered. I've got over a week of vacation to burn up before the end of the year (plus some **coughcough** sick days), so I'll find some way to get out. It's just that I already miss getting in a quick 9 or 18 after work. :(

I feel the same way. I used to play twice a week, after work, but now, unless I get off work by 3:30pm, which is very hard to do, I can't play at all during the week.

Which brings me to my biggest pet peeve. People that won't play because it's "too cold" or "too dark" or "too rainy" or "too snowy" put on the proper clothing, grab an umbrella, tape a light to your disc and get out there and play.

Latest posts