• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] Phase/Photon/Wave/Orbital Hype Thread

Photon and Phase are sick names. How long till we get to launch Photon torpedoes?

Took a while, but it looks like you are (thankfully) wrong.

How long did it take you to come up for air after digging for that one? ;)

I hope they continue making these down in 150 land, or else I'll never toss em. Still, awesome to see the natural progression.

Dear disc golf gods,

Please let one of these discs be an over molded destroyer with the grip of a wraith. Please and thank you.

How long did it take you to come up for air after digging for that one? ;)

Ha. I was wondering if you even remembered "saying" it. :)

That WOULD be sweet if they were lighter. That looks like a lot of overmold though. We'll see.

If they made Teslas in the 150's, I have no doubt they can figure out how to make these light, at least in Proton plastic. I'd guess they can at least get them into the low 160's.

Anyways, these discs will sell very well.

:thmbup:

Their last batch of drivers had like, no glide, so hopefully these correct that..

lol andy seriously put some spin on the discs bro they glide just fine.... you talking out of your ass man'

seriously just put some spin on those discs. that's all I can say Andy. If I was as big as you I would throw 600'+

This is ludicrous. I've thrown damn near every MVP/Axiom mold, and these are the ones I would classify as having glide:

Anode
Atom
Proxy
Envy
Axis
Theory
Switch
Inspire
Amp
Inertia

Do any of these have River/Saint/FD glide? No. But those discs are more glide heavy than most. I'd put the MVP stuff somewhere in between Trilogy and Innova on the glide scale. It's there, people.

^You forgot the ever gildey Neutron Ion. Especially when seasoned.

I have thrown every Axiom and MVP mold. Overall, they are not known for their super glide, like an X Comet is, or a Flying Squirrel, or Kite, or Aero, or many DX molds....etc...etc...

BUT, as onemilemore said, the glide is evident. We're not throwing bricks out there.

seriously just put some spin on those discs. that's all I can say Andy. If I was as big as you I would throw 600'+]

But you're not, and you dont. So what's your point?

MVP Axiom is known for:
-Innovative designs
-The ability to hold a line better than any other manufacturer
-Line shaping ability
-Forward pent rating fade, even in their most OS drivers
-Best driving putters around
-Awesome designs and colors
-Durability

But they are not known for their glide. I like MVP. I LOVE the Envy. Can't wait to try the Proxy. The MVP crew has managed to destroy every preconceived notion that players have thrown out there. Remember when there was all that hullabaloo that they couldn't ever make a true OS disc? Proved that wrong. Can't make drivers? Wrong again. Can't stay consistent as their popularity and demand grows? WRONG!

There's no need to take it personal, guys. The Tesla group in general doesn't have the glide of their competitors. But guess what? People love the Inertia and it's honestly a game - changing disc for a lot of players and might be for even more with the exposure it's getting from being a PDGA disc.

I just want more glide in their wide-rim drivers. Not an unreasonable request. You all are acting like I just kicked your dog. Yeesh.

Do any of these have River/Saint/FD glide? No. But those discs are more glide heavy than most. I'd put the MVP stuff somewhere in between Trilogy and Innova on the glide scale. It's there, people.

Even Innova's 4 glide models have more glide than MVP products. For example, the Valk is only 4 glide. It's pretty ridiculous to place MVP above Innova in glide.

I think we were responding more to PMantle, Andy.

But yea, I agree that Innova's discs, in general, have more glide than MVP's.

The Theory does have pretty good glide. The most out of all their mids, for sure.

Latest posts