• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Physical Flight Booster PaK and Challenger PaK

yeah i too am looking forward to pics of the booster.. not in the market really i love my bag but i like the idea of a smaller backpack bag.. had the revo dual for a while and just way too much for me.. would also like to see it against a few other bags if possible to compare size

New info on our Chally Pak!!

Thanks for the review!! We continue to try to do our best to bring you guys a great product!!

We are continuing to get excellent feedback on our Chally Pak and on our Booster Pak protos. Physical Flight has recently secured another manufacturer for our disc golf bags because we have decided that pre-orders and lengthy wait times of 3-6 months are UNREALISTIC and bad for business. We now manufacture from three parts of the country Washington State, Illinois, and Georgia giving us a better reach. A majority of our time in the past year has been developing the Challenger Pak, getting more than one manufacturer for our bags, and making sure our product stands the test of time.

We also would like to mention that we now have custom matching zipper pulls with each bag as a standard edition at NO extra cost. Also for those who order our Chally bag we now offer a matching aluminum frame (which only weighs 11 ounces) as an add on for $30 extra to go along with our standard soft internal frame that comes with the bag.The aluminum frame alleviates any worries of tipping or loss of rigidity of our backpack bag for those who want to carry 30+ discs as well as a ton of extras and it also comes with a lifetime warranty.

Stay up to date with us at www.physicalflightdg.com

Updates to our website will be occurring very soon which include:
*Up to date stock on bags
*Custom ordering info
*Team Physical Flight (We welcome Kyle Crabtree, Michael Johansen, and Matt Dollar) to the team

The last update is that we are filling orders on the booster pak in the order that they have arrived. Up next is iacas and BillyR

Here is the videoof the Chally bag, I received mine on Thursday from Chris, communication was excellent and the bag was shipped in perfect condition.

I put in 3 different days of 2 rounds each day since I've had the bag. I am truly in love, before it I had Carolina Revo with Quads, it wasn't a bad bag just wasn't all that comfy and extremely heavy. I had the chally packed full, 18-20 discs, a 6 pack of beer in the top, all of the other necessities (water, phone, keys) and still had plenty of room to keep my chair in it as well.

I am extremely pleased with my order and would recommend the Chally bag to anyone, I am very impressed. If any of you have any questions about the bag just shoot me a PM. My honest opinion is it is worth every penny. It is so comfortable on your back.

We also would like to mention that we now have custom matching zipper pulls with each bag as a standard edition at NO extra cost.
:
:
The last update is that we are filling orders on the booster pak in the order that they have arrived. Up next is iacas and BillyR

Great. My brother-in-law will be pleased with his Christmas present. Do the zipper pulls come on the Booster PaKs too? If not can they be added for an added cost?

Thanks for the update. I'm looking forward to seeing it before giving it to him. :) I might have to pick one up for myself for my lower-disc-count rounds.

I will add them in for no extra charge once I get the bag. I have some cool colorways that I will add in.

Whats the next bag you want us to make?

I will add them in for no extra charge once I get the bag. I have some cool colorways that I will add in.

I have a question...what is the next bag you would like us to make? We are thinking a smaller competition style bag like or performance pak that will carry 10 discs-12 discs that will be made of ballistic nylon so it wont fall apart like most small cheap bags and come with another lifetime warranty.

Just for reference we make:
Chally Pak (backpack style 30+ disc capacity)
Performance Pak (quad shock competition style bag 20-25 disc capacity)
Booster Pak (backpack style 12-15 disc capacity) still ironing out the bugs

I have a question...what is the next bag you would like us to make? We are thinking a smaller competition style bag like or performance pak that will carry 10 discs-12 discs that will be made of ballistic nylon so it wont fall apart like most small cheap bags and come with another lifetime warranty.

Just for reference we make:
Chally Pak (backpack style 30+ disc capacity)
Performance Pak (quad shock competition style bag 20-25 disc capacity)
Booster Pak (backpack style 12-15 disc capacity) still ironing out the bugs

make a mini chally pak that holds 10-12 discs. similar look to the chally pak but just less space.

How about a true disc golf sling bag? One with an insulated drink holder and some kind of internal accordion-style divider. Maybe with a top-oriented opening instead of all these side zippers the couple sling bags out there have (discs can fall out kinda easy if you're not careful).

I appreciate the response on making our next bag and we will look into possibly getting it done.

At this time we have not updated the website with our new stock( prob wont happen til Dec sometime) however we do have our black and grey challenger bag in stock. $199 shipped to your door, check out the website for ordering info or email me directly at [email protected]

The chally has the following:
1 inch memory foam padding back
4 inch memory foam straps

What are the straps and back padding like on the booster pack? I have a bad lower back. I don't carry enough discs nor do I play frequently enough to justify the chally to the wife, but the booster can be bargained for depending on how comfortable it would be.

The chally has the following:
1 inch memory foam padding back
4 inch memory foam straps

What are the straps and back padding like on the booster pack? I have a bad lower back. I don't carry enough discs nor do I play frequently enough to justify the chally to the wife, but the booster can be bargained for depending on how comfortable it would be.

The booster pak is quite a bit smaller and has 1/2 foam for the back and 1/4 inch around the the bag. We have been toying with the booster pak and its design. We will be making more changes in the future which is why its not a full production run. There are roughly 25 challenger paks floating around the south right now.

We are focusing solely on the Challenger Pak and our original competetion style Performance pak which are our best selling bags. Our focus this winter has been getting our stock up for the spring and make some Bad a** bags.

I'll break this into two posts so I can add my images and not hit the 10000 character limit…

-----

If you scroll back through this thread you'll see that I became interested in the Booster Pak for my brother-in-law as a Christmas present.

Well, to make a long story short, I ended up changing my order to a Challenger Pak for my brother-in-law, and Chris was able to send me a unique, one-of-three (currently) dark purple and black Challenger Pak.

Here's a quasi-review. It's still a gift, so I haven't played with it, but I loaded it up and walked around and whatnot.

I own and have used both a Grip and a ProDiscus bag. They each cost about $250-$260. This cost less, and my own Challenger Pak will arrive sometime in January (I won't need it until March or April anyway), and that decision was only reinforced by getting to play a bit with this one.

The first thing I noticed about the bag was how tall it is. It's about five inches taller than my Grip (which is about two inches taller than the ProDiscus). It's thin, too, and what the height does is make it much easier to reach down and grab your putter, grab the handle, and get moving.

Front of the Bag (zipped)
pf_challenger_pak_purple_s_1.jpg

Speaking of which, the handle is excellent. It's grippy rubber, and though there's nothing "wrong" per se with the Grip/PD style handle, having a true handle is a joy. You don't feel like you're not using the bag properly like you do carrying it around by the handle portion of the backstraops on the G/PD, and you don't have to worry about stressing the stitches of the shoulder pats by yanking the handle around.

The zipper pulls are nice and the platinum color matches the stamp on the putter pouch (which comfortably holds two putters).

Grippy Feet and Bottle Holder Grommets
pf_challenger_pak_purple_s_9.jpg

The material is solid. There are feet on the bottom that help the bag grip side slopes and hills, but the bag seems more prone to falling over - that's simply a function of the height and depth - it's more like a tall glass than a big coffee mug, if you know what I mean. The bag has two water bottles, a mini pocket on the left side, a large pocket (left side) suitable for a stool or an umbrella, a pair of divided pockets on the right (two pockets that can become one big one if you un-velcro the divider), the main storage area, the putter pocket, and a large top area with a cell phone pouch and key ring clip. Oh, and the bag's got several pencil holders and two D-rings near the top of the bag as well.

Materials? I'm not sure where the measurements come from, but they say there's 1 inch of memory foam on the back, 4 inches on the straps. The bag is made of 1065 Denier ballistic nylon (tough stuff man), has sturdy internal frame, the painted aluminum frame, and YKK zippers. I say I don't know how they measure the 1 and 4 inches because it's not like the padding is literally one inch thick, or four inches thick. All I can say is that the bag is STUPID comfortable. It feels like it's empty (it weighs less empty, even with the frame, than my G or PD bags do) when it's fully loaded and sitting on your back.

Top Pocket with Key Clip and Phone Pouch
pf_challenger_pak_purple_s_2.jpg

Chris is a doctor, and apparently he knows how to make a comfortable bag that's easy on your back.

Now, let's talk storage.

As you can see below, I was able to comfortably fit 18 discs in the main pocket area. Two putters easily fit in the putter pocket for a storage capacity (without relying on some tricks I'll talk about in a bit) of 20 discs. With ease.

Disc Count (18 Discs = 6 Drivers, 6 Fairway Drivers, 6 Mids)
pf_challenger_pak_purple_s_5.jpg

(Lace x 3, King x 2, Halo, QJLS, Volt x 4, TeeBird, Buzzz, Axis, Ibex, Obex, Wasp, Comet)

Latest posts