• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Pick My Putter

Pick My Putter

• Total voters
I know youve put a lot of effort in picking your listed molds. Looking at those leads me to the challenger for you. Its flight is similar to the roc and clone with a touch of predness, and like those molds the challenger beats in amazingly. I carry 3-5 in a full bag. There are a ton of putters that i like but with a well worn challenger theres no need for them.

pred? no, Roc, sure. Challenger does beat in nice, and I like it's bead in my hand better than the wiz or aviar. I almost want to kick the wiz out of the option... I kinda wish I wouldn't have included it because it gets the "generic advice" nod by a lot of people...

On that note the Warlock will beat into being the most versatile of all of them. So Warlock, Challenger, Ion is pretty much it. Me thinks the wizard will be out.

Warlock for me. I like the stiffer feeling red ones.

I carry a Wizard but only really use it on very stiff into the face wind putts.

Lolz....... Wait.. Uh ... Hmmmm no, I dont get your kettle reference? Is that some kind of racial remark??

J/k....I'm just having fun :)

Did you ever try Magics cfair? lol Like you need another putter to think about. With the off season I have been in thought similar to you on changing putters.

I was tempted to try Ions again as I love to drive with them, but I don't know. They are pricey and seem to only run a little heavy for my tastes and that makes me think maybe its time I start learning from the ground up with heavier discs. Then theres also a thought on if I can adjust to how I used to get spit outs and how much of it was me before and if I can fix that.

I have my stack of Magics and they are ok yet Gateway also bugs me when it comes to selecting ones I like and contacting Dave is not that helpful as sometime he seems to not acknowledge the different firmness or at very least kind of evade it. Best luck I had was contacting Discspeed and explaining to him what I was looking for. Thats nice and all, but more effort than it should be.

Been using Summits since. I like regular x-links and soft for specific roles and can approach/putt well with them but they are my least favorite driving putter out of the bunch. It makes me require a slower mid while the 2 above allow me to use a faster mid with the Ion covering the most range consistently.

Why not putt with a Summit and drive with an Ion? Seems like it would be the best combination for you.

I like Mike's idea for you Tech. I have been considering driving with Ions if I like them and putting with something else. But I would rather just keep one mold, not using an Ion won't make me unhappy.

Also, no Magic. Second, I don't think I would mind gateway's stuff for the warlock. Not because it is so great but because most people go hunting wizards. So there is a larger sample selection of the warlock. That and I like how the warlock will beat in. Starts out just a touch under the wiz in stability. Then beats into being something like the magic.

Why not putt with a Summit and drive with an Ion? Seems like it would be the best combination for you.

Booyah. That's what I do. Works great for me. :thmbup: I use my Ions as short midranges more anyway.

I like Mike's idea for you Tech. I have been considering driving with Ions if I like them and putting with something else. But I would rather just keep one mold, not using an Ion won't make me unhappy.

I will see where it goes as I am again rebuilding my throw from putters up. It does make sense in a way that I don't want to mess with my putting I don't think and the Summits have been fine in the putt and approach department.

I will see where it goes as I am again rebuilding my throw from putters up. It does make sense in a way that I don't want to mess with my putting I don't think and the Summits have been fine in the putt and approach department.

My Summit has been stepping on my Ions puttin' business the last few rounds. I see why you like this thing so much.

Soft Focus. Starts off slightly overstable, and breaks it to a nice straight putter with lots of glide