• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Pick My Putter

Pick My Putter

• Total voters
So I went out to threw yesterday morning with the challenger and warlock. The warlock is a nice solid disc but I will take the challenger over it. So wizard and warlock are out, I am okay with that. Two solid discs, but the the Challenger is just such a super solid disc. I like it for putting, driving, and approach. It feels good in my hands, good ones are not hard to get a hold of, and I can find colors and such that I like.

I received a couple of spicy Ions from MikeC last night. I am so impressed with the changes MVP has made to their disc. I am really appreciating these new runs in the way of look, feel, and innovation. I want to take a moment and applaud MVP for being willing to make positive changes with their discs.
:clap::clap:

Instead of just brushing people off like another company I use to throw...

But anyway I love the way the new Ions are feeling in my hands. Both mediums and softs feel great, look great, and hopefully will fly great. I could easily see myself putting with a M and driving with a soft. Both around 168g. Anyone know if I could get clear ones in those weights?

I've seen clear ones around 170g so you should be able to find 168. I actually just received a 168g S opaque white to test out against my 171g putting Ion. Either way it really is impressive how much nicer these new Ions are. Have fun throwing them, even if you end up not bagging an Ion I'm sure you'll still have fun driving with them. When I was knee deep in my Wizard obsession I still had to admit the Ion was a great driving putter :p

Just remember to try and spring your fingers some when you putt with them to give them a bit of spin....they glide much better that way. Really any putter should...

Got out and threw the Ions. I'm sold. Going to be picking some up as soon as I can. My putting is great for this thing.

end of thread. I have found a putter I can get behind for a long time.

I don't feel like the challenger is worshiped. I do believe it has a strong following. But the warlock is a solid disc, just not what I want in a drive and approach disc. That and I get to duck out of gateway picking between the Challenger and Ion. FYI if I decide that I don't like the Ion after a month or so into the summer I will go right back to my stack of challengers. Because it is an awesome disc.