• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Portland OR area player looking for new people to play with

4ormal

Birdie Member
I'm not exactly a new player, but I'm just now getting more serious with my golf game over the last year. It seems I can only get my friends together to play a round one day a week due to life, schedules and work. I go out and play alone, but that's not as much fun as having some good company/competition.

I'd like to find some new people to play with that are local-ish. I live about 20 miles west of Portland and my home course is McCormick Park in St Helens. The courses I regularly play are Pier Park, McCormick Park, Hornings Hide Out, Buxton and Trojan. I do get out and play the East side courses, but I hate driving on that side of town. If you're in the Scappoose/Warren/St Helens area hit me up and we'll play McCormick, if not no worries, we can always meet up somewhere else.

Thanks for taking the time to check this out and I look forward to hearing back from some of you :)

Maybe this post could be moved to the DGCR Meets section? I wasn't sure where I should ask about this. So far no hits.

What days do you get to play 4ormal. I play Buxton on Sundays and usually try to play somewhere on Monday or Tuesday also. Maybe we can meet up at Horning's?

If you can play Saturdays you might enjoy the Gross & Nasty series. More info here.

Buxton bag tag/random dubs on Sundays is a good time too. More info here.

Welcome to DGcoursereview from TN! There's a guy on here from the portland area that would most likely play with you. His name is iDiscGolf. Just PM him, seems to be a nice guy! I'm out in Oregon for 2 weeks out of the year and I'll message you then haha.

I can pretty much play any day of the week before noon and I have the weekends off, so I'm usually out playing a course that requires a bit of a drive. During the week I try to just play Pier Park or McCormick since I don't have a ton of time.

I have been meaning to get my bag tag for Buxton. Last time I was out there (the beginning of the new bag tag season) they actually didn't have any new bag tags made up. I spoke with iDiscgolf and he said they got some more made, so I'm excited to go up and get one and start in that league. I'm still surprised there hasn't been a league/doubles set up for McCormick. The last tourney there before worlds was way back in July.

@damagedLiver, yah send me a PM next time you head out and I will do my best to meet up.

I'm actually going to play Pier Park before work today if anybody is free. I plan to tee off around 11:00am.

If anybody sees me out on any of the courses around here, please stop and say hello. My bag is pretty easy to spot. Fade LE tourney bag filled with nothing but pink and orange discs and an orange huk stool!

Image-4.jpg

If anybody sees me out on any of the courses around here, please stop and say hello. My bag is pretty easy to spot. Fade LE tourney bag filled with nothing but pink and orange discs and an orange huk stool!

View attachment 50426

Nice bag :thmbup: I'm a fan of the fade lite bags for certain days. I throw all orange discs, easy way to find them year around.

Latest posts