• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] Post your old dirty putter

Geeze are a lot of these your main inside the circle putter? I have a thrashed putter I carry but it is for driving not putting. I haven't kept the same "go to" putter in my bag for longer than a few months...Although I have only been playing just over a year. Seems like once they get some good gashes or wear on them they don't put the same, I guess you just get more used to its flight characteristics.

IMAG0151.jpg

not really dirty but some oldie but goodie wizards

picture.php

I cleaned it up before putting it in the milk crate, but you can see its definitely been used. Trees at Basil are Evil.

Tacos anyone?

I found an XD like that yesterday it looks almost 7.5/10. Do you guys know how much I could get from it?

The blue XD? Absolutely nothing. The bullet XD, I don't know, maybe $20 if you're lucky.

nice giles. I need to post pics of my beat to crap megs
See ya this weekend man? I see ur on the list for riv

I'm looking forward to it. My first event of this year (son born in Jan.). I've only been playing a couple times a week and only 1 round a day so this two rounds of 21 on a course I don't know should be interesting.

A wizard I putt with for a short time untill I threw it in the basket on Memorial day.

Attachments

• DSCN6139.jpg
    DSCN6139.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 46
I hate old dirty putters. I can't stand using warped discs besides one roc in my bag and that is just because nothing else flies like it. This has lead to be becoming an addict of buying new plastic and always keeping fresh discs in my bag.

Back in '98 we replaced a pedestrian bridge in White Birch in the part of the park that has the disc golf course. Our City Council made this stupid decision that we couldn't hire outside contractors to install anything, our maintenance guys had to do it even if they had no clue what they were doing. So the maintenance guys tried to install the bridge and made a huge mess of everything. Hole #9 was completely torn out for a year because of the damage they did hauling this bridge back there. All of the golfers were pissed because it was just a bridge. Nobody disliked the old bridge and nobody cared that we had a new bridge, they just wanted #9 back.

I had a big event planed a couple months after the course was torn up, and Bob Waidmann convinced me that we should get some custom discs for the tournament. We went 1/2's on the discs. As a joke, we made the stamp say "White Bridge" instead of "White Birch."

213.jpg

I used the only bridge we had in the clip art file. I worked on that stamp for maybe three minutes.

We had 45ish players the year before, and with the course torn up we figured we would have fewer guys come out. That would leave us with discs left over to sell to make back some money on them. We ended up with over 70 players, so we didn't have many disc left and took a bath.

After the event I stuck this in my bag as a back-up putter. It was in my bag for the next eight years and never was my primary putter. By the time I retired my primary putter, I was switching over to Wizards and this disc ended up in a stack of Aviars in the basement.

picture.php

Not super old yet, but they'll be thrown for a very long time.

An 86 Softie from 1988 and a Ching Avair from 1998.

Attachments

• Putters top.JPG
    Putters top.JPG
    98 KB · Views: 46
here are some that were my brothers....minus his orange pro line rhyno ...i gave that to my dad to put on his drum room wall...

2-soft banger gt's...yellow is way beat in
2-chains aviars...yellow is also beat in good
1-old dx aviar

he would always wear out his putters till they were all dented , dinged , scraped and warped...

34af654d.jpg

a5cc3c4e.jpg

Bump!

I noticed this putter getting kinda dirty this morning.

picture.php

It's not very old; four years tops (so it was made five years after this thread last had a post?) It's not supposed to be in my bag; it's a practice putter. At some point this fall I had to go somewhere where I couldn't use my cart so I quick threw discs into my bag and accidentally shoved two practice putters in there. The companion disc that went in the bag with it is a black organic Warlock and the black is rubbing off onto the flight plate, giving it this dirty sort of look.

It's getting a pretty cool "old reliable putter" look to it, which is funny since it's never actually been my main putter. It just gets tossed around the back yard for practice.

picture.php

picture.php

It also goes to show how serious I am about disc golf anymore; I've had not-my-main-putters in my putter pocket for at least three weeks now and I haven't done anything about it. I wasn't even putting with Warlocks anymore. :\

Latest posts