• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Power Driver Freak PEEDEE Thread

How is the plastic on the latest run of c-line? Normally I am not a big champion plastic guy as I find it too hard and slick. But I am liking how you guys are describing the flight.

How is the plastic on the latest run of c-line? Normally I am not a big champion plastic guy as I find it too hard and slick. But I am liking how you guys are describing the flight.
Can't speak for PDs specifically but most recent C-Line I've felt has been on the gummy tacky side of champ.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

I'd say it's right in the middle of champion. It's hard but not rock hard, I wouldn't call it gummy / flexible. A medium firmness across the range of a few hundred champ discs I've felt over the years.

Not crystal clear but not opaque. Slight, slight tack to it, not slick champ though either.

I think it will break in nicely. I have all of 20 throws on it so far. Going to take awhile. It's starting out less stiff than 1st runs.

I like it and I bag almost all star type plastics. This PD is actually the only disc in my bag that isn't star or a baseline blend.

Compared to the other recent c-line discs produced in late 2019 to 2020

3rd retooling re-release C-line FD2 is much more firm and more opaque.
newest run Spring 2020 C-Line CD2 is much more gummy and more clear.

Last edited:
I was lucky enough to snag some factory second p line PD from innova factory store about a year ago. They were in the 170-172g range and I'm annoyed I didn't buy 20 or even more of them (with the multiples discount they can be potentially $5 each).

There was like 150 of them available for months with no one buying (me included) probably because they weren't max weight and only orange. Eventually they started selling quick and I did get 6 of them.

Man I can get these things out to destroyer distance if you trust the disc and know the angles.

I remember even with the non factory second p line PD they were weirdly durable too. Like star level durable.

My original intent was to use these factory second P PD as water discs in case I didn't want to lose a seasoned favorite, but now I don't want to lose these P PD's !

My current PD line up: p Pd 172g seasoned a bit (distance shots, fairway straight shots, same with sidearm), 3rd run c Pd 175g (hyzer distance, and more windier conditions, it's over three years old and taken a lot of abuse but that 3rd run plastic is still going strong. Probably 75-80% stable from original) and a 13th run 175g c Pd that's firebird overstable but longer than a FAF brick firebird (this is a weird disc that confuses me because of the overlap with a FAF firebird I already bag).

The p Pd does have overlap with my c FD currently. Some days I don't even throw the c fd.

I have a C-Line PD in a Jolly launcher plastic that I bought used.
In addition to the normal Innova tooling, it has "MADE IN U.S.A." tooling and is somewhat beefy.
I don't see this on any of my other PD's.
Any insight??

In addition to the normal Innova tooling, it has "MADE IN U.S.A." tooling and is somewhat beefy.
Any insight??

I haven't seen that before. Pics?

Jolly launcher was a few runs back now. None of the early runs have that tooling 1-3, and none of my more recent runs have it.

I don't have an 8th or a 10th run anymore those were the only jolly launchers I owned but I don't remember that tooling being added

Any insight??

I haven't seen that before. Pics?

Jolly launcher was a few runs back now. None of the early runs have that tooling 1-3, and none of my more recent runs have it.

I don't have an 8th or a 10th run anymore those were the only jolly launchers I owned but I don't remember that tooling being added

I apologize for the image size...

picture.php

I do remember this showing up a few runs back of the current run. It seemed to only be present for one run or so. Not sure what happened or why it changed. This is on some Innova discs as well. I have a Star Roadrunner that has it.

I was lucky enough to snag some factory second p line PD from innova factory store about a year ago. They were in the 170-172g range and I'm annoyed I didn't buy 20 or even more of them (with the multiples discount they can be potentially $5 each).

There was like 150 of them available for months with no one buying (me included) probably because they weren't max weight and only orange. Eventually they started selling quick and I did get 6 of them.

Man I can get these things out to destroyer distance if you trust the disc and know the angles.

I remember even with the non factory second p line PD they were weirdly durable too. Like star level durable.

My original intent was to use these factory second P PD as water discs in case I didn't want to lose a seasoned favorite, but now I don't want to lose these P PD's !

I bought a few of those, loved them, and came really close to buying like 10 more. I just didn't want to deal with the stress of "this disc is not replaceable," so they ended up getting sent to friends or traded. But gosh, if they were in production, I'd be such a happy camper with three in my bag at all times. :(

I have a couple of orange P-PDs and I am pretty sure they are mis-stamped star plastic. I don't remember if I got mine from the factory store or not.

The one I've been throwing has the stability of an s-line. It's dead straight at 350 feet with strong fade. I thought it was just high plh pro plastic but after hitting several trees, it has absolutely no scratches or gouges. P-line would have frayed edges after moderate tree hits.

I have an orange freak p-pd and it's holding up much better than blue or yellow. Doesn't fly like an s-line though but it was used when I got it so there might be some truth to it..

FWIW, out of my 10 PDs, the only one with "MADE IN U.S.A." is an older d-line, probably ran bout 2 or 3 years ago if I had to guess.

Grady Shue Swirly S-Line PD

Any one have experience throwing the the Grady Shue Swirly S-Line PD?

I found some for sale and was considering buying it. Not the best colors but the price was fair.

Any one have experience throwing the the Grady Shue Swirly S-Line PD?

This is the PD that I currently bag, it is also the only one that I have thrown so I can't give too much info on that.

Very close to my favorite driver in the bag, nice and stable but still has a good forward movement. I can lean into it without having to worry about ripping it over with too much angle. In terms of distance I am not noticing much distance loss with comparable speed discs, golf distances its somewhere in the high 300s just shy of 400 but I have yet to bring out the measuring wheel with it!

Discs with comparable flight, I have a super beat criminal that is pretty similar. more stable than the Anax I have, but the distance is similar. Less fade and more distance than the 2020 Sexton FB

Can anybody enlighten me about the history of the smaller font for "S-line" (mine has a patent number) PD Freaks and those with bigger font "Super durable S-line" (all of mine has no patent number).

Can anybody enlighten me about the history of the smaller font for "S-line" (mine has a patent number) PD Freaks and those with bigger font "Super durable S-line" (all of mine has no patent number).

The smaller font came first. There are a mix of patent number and no patent number Super Durable stamps. Unfortunately that's about all I've got, I throw the small font S-Lines and they are flat, straight, and awesome.

I've been trying out a couple of 175g S-Line PD's since I feel that the Getaways I'm using in this spot right now gets bullied a bit too much in the wind. The PD's I have seem really beefy and not as workable as I had hoped, like a longer Firebird almost. They fill the OS part of the slot really well but I would like a straighter/"flippier" one as well that's a bit more workable and easier to throw straight/far when it's calm.

How would a lighter S-Line fly? Maybe 168-170g
Or are other plastics a better option? Maybe a 168-170 G-Line?

For reference I throw my Getaways in the 100-120m range and this is obviously the range I would hope to use the PD in as well.

I've been trying out a couple of 175g S-Line PD's since I feel that the Getaways I'm using in this spot right now gets bullied a bit too much in the wind. The PD's I have seem really beefy and not as workable as I had hoped, like a longer Firebird almost. They fill the OS part of the slot really well but I would like a straighter/"flippier" one as well that's a bit more workable and easier to throw straight/far when it's calm.

How would a lighter S-Line fly? Maybe 168-170g
Or are other plastics a better option? Maybe a 168-170 G-Line?

For reference I throw my Getaways in the 100-120m range and this is obviously the range I would hope to use the PD in as well.

Yes, 168-170g will be slightly more workable than max weight but they've been pretty scarce. That said, an S-PD will beat in beautifully to straight with forward penetrating fade. C-line is typically a bit more OS but it's really about PLH. P-line are mellow and awesome but they are OOP.

Latest posts