• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Prodigy] Prodigy D1 and D4 Impressions

Thats to much trouble.. Ill just keep the ones I have.. Should of gone with my gut and previous posts about not buying them.. D*mn plastic gets me everytime

Thats to much trouble.. Ill just keep the ones I have.. Should of gone with my gut and previous posts about not buying them.. D*mn plastic gets me everytime

I contacted Prodigy by going directly through their website. I had an answer with an hour. They will give you an explanation of the return process but will also give you an explanation of why you should just go ahead and keep it. Basically, what they said is that if they are marked 174 they are legal even if they are overweight.

Personally, I might just hang onto my D4 because it is likely not worth the hassle of sending it through the mail and then waiting. If I truly feel like I need a D4 by the time tournament season starts, I can just buy one that weighs a little less.

I contacted Prodigy by going directly through their website. I had an answer with an hour. They will give you an explanation of the return process but will also give you an explanation of why you should just go ahead and keep it. Basically, what they said is that if they are marked 174 they are legal even if they are overweight.

well doesn't this contradict the PDGA announcement?
doesn't this contradict the rules?
isn't this shady?

I know a lot of discs from a lot of manufacturers weigh more than marked
some probably over the tech specs for legality for that mold

but there was a "big deal" about these overweight discs and Prodigy was supposed to be replacing them etc etc

and now they are just telling people to keep them cause they are legal???

what gives?

isn't this shady?

but there was a "big deal" about these overweight discs and Prodigy was supposed to be replacing them etc etc

what gives?

:popcorn:

I bought two D4s, both hit the scales at 180 grams. The stamp quality is bad. The flashing is bad. The overall quality of the plastic is decent. I am unimpressed, especially after all the hype. I'm also unimpressed that my replacement offer from where I ordered requires me to pay shipping back to them, then wait for a standard production D4. I figure that I'll just keep them and continue to be unimpressed.

isn't this shady?

what gives?

I am not quoting the rules and I am not quoting the email I received word for word, but the explanation came down to that they have +\- 3 grams variance of the marked weight. So, in essence, as long as a disc is marked under 174.3 and weighs in under 177.3, it is legal. My D4 was marked 174 and weighs 177.

I am not quoting the rules and I am not quoting the email I received word for word, but the explanation came down to that they have +\- 3 grams variance of the marked weight. So, in essence, as long as a disc is marked under 174.3 and weighs in under 177.3, it is legal. My D4 was marked 174 and weighs 177.
The PDGA had a discussion with them yesterday that there is no tolerance because we had heard they were indicating there was a 3g tolerance. Nope, 174 means 174. Perhaps your communication occurred before theirs with the PDGA.

The PDGA had a discussion with them yesterday that there is no tolerance because we had heard they were indicating there was a 3g tolerance. Nope, 174 means 174. Perhaps your communication occurred before theirs with the PDGA.

Last Friday to be exact. I guess I will send it in after all.

How does the D4 compare to other max D stable to understable discs? Are there any others that go further for folks with less than 400' with a teebird power? I've tested several molds and plastic types including star vulcans, star and pro katanas, z nuke ss, z and esp nukes, c and s-line DD2s, pinnacle and icon cannons, gl bolt, opto havoc, star teedevil, star pro bliz bosses , pro hurricanes, and tounament and vip kings on the stable to understable side of the ledger. I'm finding that I can throw the D4 on a +30' higher line and flex it out further than I can with any of the above.

Anyone have a better disc for a max D air shot or perhaps you're throwing 500' with one of the above on a different line like hyzer flip the hell out of a vulcan or something?

If I don't weigh mine, they are legal to be thrown correct?

has this happened?

"A first offense requires that the manufacturer submit an explanation to the Technical Standards Committee as to how and why this violation occurred and how it will be rectified in the future. Depending on the nature of the violation, the out-of-compliance product may be suspended from approval for PDGA play."

If you wzant to unload the heavy Protos just head over to the market place. Took me only a few days to sell all four. Got my $$ back w/o Prodigys help or the PIAS 35min away. MARKETPLACE

Latest posts