• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Prodigy Disc Thread v2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
double g threw a pick up round w/us but he can make any disc look like a winner

IMG_20130105_162721_zps618fe3e4.jpg

Been throwing my Prodigy Proto drivers since I got them. They are certainly
faster than most disc. Come out of the hand easily and seem to go far
with little effort. Plastic is solid and has a great feel.

Let other players throw them and everyone seemed to get them out there pretty
far with little effort.

I will report back once I spend some time in the field. Throwing them at the course
was not the best place to test them for the first time.

Are they domey, flat, or both? They have a champion/z like plastic, and star/ESP like plastic it looks like based on pics.

Cool, when will these be in stores?

We're getting them in players packs in 2 weeks, and as I understand it our club was the first group to cut a check to Prodigy, and will be among the first in the general public to get them. They're part of our players pack for the Cedar Hill Winter Series Event 3, along with a Dynamic Disc. Sign up and play for this players pack if you're anywhere near Nashville!

Going from 1.9cm to 2.1cm feels like nothing compared to moving up to 2.5cm.

Thanks for the info and for proving my point.

ya i was going to ask what his point was....haha.

Generally is seems like most of the 2.4+ rims are "beefy" feeling not just in wing width but height. some people can't move past that though.

I threw the esp/star like driver today in a 158 weight at around 7-8k ft. and it can do some stuff. I held the champ esque plastic but didn't throw it. I'm all for more choices and more companies challenging the old gaurd.

ya i was going to ask what his point was....haha.

Generally is seems like most of the 2.4+ rims are "beefy" feeling not just in wing width but height. some people can't move past that though.

The difference for me is pretty easy to express by how many fingers I can comfortably use in my backhand grip. A Valkyrie takes my 3-finger power grip, no problem, same as I use for fairway drivers. Then I reach for something like a Wraith or a Surge, and I begin to want to drop my ring finger, which I usually don't do, but my hand kinda wants to. If I reach for anything wider, like a Boss, Katana, Nuke, etc., it's downright uncomfortable to power grip it with more than two fingers, and a full 4-finger power grip or "fork" grip is out of the question, unless I want to pitch the equivalent of a circle-changeup with a beefy driver.

So I'm interested to see how this new "rolled" rim affects the feel. Throwing a Boss with a 2 finger grip doesn't bother me, but it would be nice to see if a comparable disc from Prodigy would be grippable with more of my hand, and allow better control.

Wow. Someone has WAY too much time on their hands. Although I will say it was impressive to do all that with one hand while the other was giving Doss a handy.

Who? Oh.. Nate Doss? The guy who went from #1 to #6 in a single year? The guy who made 1/2 as much winnings this year as he did last year with only 3 less events? The same guy who only won a single A tier event this year... and it was in Canada?

Video should've been about Paul McBeast, Doss is barely a top 10 golfer these days.

Who? Oh.. Nate Doss? The guy who went from #1 to #6 in a single year? The guy who made 1/2 as much winnings this year as he did last year with only 3 less events? The same guy who only won a single A tier event this year... and it was in Canada?

Video should've been about Paul McBeast, Doss is barely a top 10 golfer these days.

tumblr_m8hwwidcSs1r3f9ymo2_250.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts