• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Prodiscus backpack

Moral of this thread-

we should only carry wall city bags because they thought of putting their name on a purse and call it a bag for disc golf. They are the originators, not an imitator

If voodoo comes out with a backpack tomorrow it's going to look a hell of a lot like one of the backpacks out now.

Don't cut voodoo short by compairing their product to this. Voodoo took a product improved it and made it thier own. No one would look at their bag and think it was "xxx" companies design. If Voodoo made a backpack, I would guarentee the the only thing similar to a grip bag would be 2 straps and a metal zipper. Not a panel for panel copy in different colors, with Side pockets.

Don't cut voodoo short by compairing their product to this. Voodoo took a product improved it and made it thier own. No one would look at their bag and think it was "xxx" companies design. If Voodoo made a backpack, I would guarentee the the only thing similar to a grip bag would be 2 straps and a metal zipper. Not a panel for panel copy in different colors, with Side pockets.

I agree, voodoo bags look totally different than anything on the market, besides, revo, innova, fade, discraft, gateway, spike hyzer, gorilla boy or lightning bags. Outside of them, totally unique.

Last edited:
My Eastpak kinda looks like my brothers Jansport...

That sucks too because eastpak spent decades trying to come up with exactly the right strap length, then jansport copies it and adds a pencil sharpener.

TIL people are really naive about how business competition works.

also, TIL people are MAD about more quality disc golf bags on the market.

^ this ftmfw

i dnt understand y people even have to say its a copy of blah blah. .just like dut said, where do u think hyzerbomb,gorilla boy, voodoo, revo get ideas from? obviously other bags that are the "standard" design. if it was a copy,it would be exactly the same would it not? well while i might see similarities,it has its OWN style and modifications/improvements.

who gives a **** already. its a gopd bag.

instead of complaining about what the bag looks like,be glad u people have choices damn it. i dnt ever recall having the back pack style dg bag as an option in the early /mid 90's.

carry on prodiscus. your doing a fantastic job kai. so much that im considering ordering one and i owned a grip,own a mahal and voodoo.

Word
Beisdes, most of these style showed up as fishing/tackle bags and framed backpacks first. So I don't see how Grip invented anything...just modified an existing product to suit DG better.

And if healthy competition forces grip to price theirs in the realm of reality, there is less than no issue here.

How about Orange and Blue. As in the 'Cuse. Maybe we'll see you later in March? Could be fun.

Hope to see that game, blue and white bag would get dirty to easy. Id do black and orange.. harley guy

I just can't see how anyone would support a company that rips off another disc golf company like this!!! It is one thing to improve on a great design, but this thing is a grip bag with pockets!!! For the sake of all you looking to save a couple bucks on a grip bag, I hope their investment into R&D is not anywhere close to their dedication to quality. It sure does look like they are just trying to capitalize off of J@W's hard work and get their hand in the pot while the demand for a grip bag is hot!!!!

(yes, I have a orange grip bag....best disc golf investment I have made!!!!
Btw, I even still have my 10 gig click wheel ipod while all the zunes have come and gone!!!!! And at least they tried their own design!!!!)

The iPod Zune analogy is a bad one because the Zune was actually a better device, it just came too late. ;)

Beta vs VHS for,you old guys. Beta was better but lost the war. Life goes on. The more choices, the merrier.