• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Putting

Whenever I'm putting from about 20ft and further my disc is never straight it's always on a hyzer angle how do I fix this?

Only way I have fixed it is to putt using my non throwing hand as an open no thumb on top of disc as a tracking guide for the disc. However when doing that, the two main problems can be to have the non throwing hand lower then the throwing hand and make the disc have hyzer or the other to close the non throwing hand and end up with a no spin push putt.

Of course I have small hands from a kids XL/XXL to and adult XXS/XS/S depending on the sizing for that particular glove and if they have the XS in Adult if the kids XL/XXL is not there.

Last edited:
If you are not missing putts from that distance, don't fix anything.

If you are missing and think a flatter disc angle will help, try not releasing the putter on a hyzer angle. Take video of yourself putting. See how you release the disc, then rotate your forearm/wrist clockwise (RH) or counterclockwise (LH) to achieve a flat release.

Whenever I'm putting from about 20ft and further my disc is never straight it's always on a hyzer angle how do I fix this?

You really shouldn't have any problem forcing a flat release, BUT if you can't control it very well I would look at how square your hips are. The more square your hips to the basket the more hyzer you will naturally impart. Try putting your hips more in line with the basket and turn your toes to the side.