• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Millennium] Q Sentinel

If they just put the flat king cobra top on the Sentinel we would have a winner...otherwise it does cost a good bit of money to invest in mold pieces. This is the big reason why smaller companies chose to have Innova mold their discs. Old molds may fly better for us, but something with stardust will sell more on a shelf.
If they use the Ontario Cobra top on the Sentinel, wouldn't that make it a...King Cobra? King Cobra with a nose spacer? What would be the difference between a Sentinel and a King Cobra at that point?

If they use the Ontario Cobra top on the Sentinel, wouldn't that make it a...King Cobra? King Cobra with a nose spacer? What would be the difference between a Sentinel and a King Cobra at that point?
To clarify...I'm not saying it won't work since all the original Sentinel seemed to be was a Classic Cobra with a blunt nose. A blunt nose King Cobra might be the ticket. I'm just sorta asking if that is what we would be talking about at that point. :|

To clarify...I'm not saying it won't work since all the original Sentinel seemed to be was a Classic Cobra with a blunt nose. A blunt nose King Cobra might be the ticket. I'm just sorta asking if that is what we would be talking about at that point. :|
Anyone?

exactly :D:D:D

I was more just referencing the ability of the king cobra to come out a bit flatter like the sentinels everyone likes.

I was going to pull the trigger on a sparkle Sentinel; I heard someplace that they were beefier than the last run of Q. Any truth to that?

I was going to pull the trigger on a sparkle Sentinel; I heard someplace that they were beefier than the last run of Q. Any truth to that?

yeah the stardust run is more stable. I honestly think that at low speeds it has more stability than Sanny Q's. It just doesn't handle high speed torque as well as the Sanny's.

yeah the stardust run is more stable. I honestly think that at low speeds it has more stability than Sanny Q's. It just doesn't handle high speed torque as well as the Sanny's.

^This - and all the ones I have seen are very domey.

I bag 2 stardust Q-sents and they are pretty domey, but I had no prior experience with the flat versions so it raises no qualms with me. The stability of the sentinel is what I am digging, it is overstable but not in a dumpy glideless way it seems to hyzer forward into the ground which surrprisingly hasnt produced big skips so I really like them. What are people pairing with them? That is if people are still throwing them. Right now I am using an aftershock/kc roc combo but I am not 100% set on those two mids. Any recommendations for a stable mid that is available in a wide array of plastic types?

I bag 2 stardust Q-sents and they are pretty domey, but I had no prior experience with the flat versions so it raises no qualms with me. The stability of the sentinel is what I am digging, it is overstable but not in a dumpy glideless way it seems to hyzer forward into the ground which surrprisingly hasnt produced big skips so I really like them. What are people pairing with them? That is if people are still throwing them. Right now I am using an aftershock/kc roc combo but I am not 100% set on those two mids. Any recommendations for a stable mid that is available in a wide array of plastic types?

Stick with the roc. Without a doubt.

I have never seemed to gel with Roc's I like the Kc's and the roc3 is cool but not my cup of tea as a mid even though I throw them fairly well.

I only have one of the sparkle Sents, but I like it. It's still a tick slower than the old LE Sentinels I used to throw, but it doesn't flip like the white www run I have. Unfortunately, I still think the Hornet is a better old Sentinel replacement than the new Sentinel. However, I'm a creature of habit and the sparkle Sent is "close enough" so I'll probably pick up some more and stick with it.

Who am I kidding? I was still throwing a www Sent that I flattened three or four times and I hated that damn thing. Of course I'm going to stick with the Sentinel.

The sparkle one I have is purple. Think "so purple it is almost black" purple with a red stamp that you can't read becasue the red/dark purple contrast isn't enough to make it stand out. I've lost it about 1/2 dozen times; I think the sparkle is the only reason I ever find the damn thing.

Oh, and I merged something like five or six threads here to make it look like we had one nice long thread going. Add some smoke and mirrors and we might be able to pretend that the Sentinel is a popular disc. :\

I have these so I never have to worry about switching to the newer run. :)

Attachments

• IMG_20140106_023547.jpg
    IMG_20140106_023547.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 125
I've got this which is inked and has one small scuff but other than that it is pretty much perfect! I would just rather have a champ roc and need to find one. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1391579126.235673.jpg

I don't doubt you Jamie. Not one bit. Just want to hear from the surly Sentinel crowd.