• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Raketen

I throw Katanas as my way too fast but flippy enough to get decent distance disc. Max around 400' on golf shots with the occasional 425' "bomb" My buddy picked one up Monday. It has a big feeling rim like the Missilen, so it was tough for me to get a good grip on it. I threw this disc 3 or 4 times.

- Thrown pretty flat, hyzer to make it flip and ride out to around 350-360. Not much turn or fade. I got about 375' into a very slight head wind, but it had a little more turn. I suck at anhyzers, so I skipped that shot.

If you like the bolt , I'd say stick with the bolt. This disc isn't magic, but it might be nice for the 500' club. Noodle arms need the glide.

I just got mine in the mail today... I expected the rim to be on the Max side of measurements and it does not feel that way at all, more of a speed 12 feel in my hand, excited to see if it can hold up to some torch or if it will be like a sorcerer or king or freedom and require a bit of hyzer to get a ton of d without crashing and burning

I just got mine in the mail today... I expected the rim to be on the Max side of measurements and it does not feel that way at all, more of a speed 12 feel in my hand, excited to see if it can hold up to some torch or if it will be like a sorcerer or king or freedom and require a bit of hyzer to get a ton of d without crashing and burning

It's exactly the same as the Bolt but with the hex texture. I'll grab a couple pictures when I get home, flies great though. Still enough glide, and man does it go fast.

I love the frost bolt, has some of my furthest throws on the course this spring... Fresh pinnacle cannon has the summer spot so far.... Maybe the Raketen can take it

jr1SlW6.jpg

Bolt on left, Raketen on right. The gold line bolt molded up a tad domier than the Raketen even though the height should be the same. I've had some of my better throws with the Bolt, averaging around 360-370, one out to 380. First throw with the Raketen was 405.

it is super under stable right out of the box, got a pink 1174g, it's comparable to early king mold under stable, going to need some hyzer and some height to get the big D out of it. Exact opposite of its predecessor which was a meat hook.

it is super under stable right out of the box, got a pink 1174g, it's comparable to early king mold under stable, going to need some hyzer and some height to get the big D out of it. Exact opposite of its predecessor which was a meat hook.

I think you'll need a little more than height and hyzer to get big D out of a 1kg disc...

I am considering purchasing one (anyone selling?) - can someone compare the flight vs a Freedom (which i love). Thanks

I have Both the Freedom and a Raketen. Now, I am topping out on distance at about 360ft. right now, and that is a Huck for me. I can turn the Freedom out of my hand, but I can Literally use the Raketen I got as a Roller. It Turns SO Hard right out my hand. The Rim and Grip spots on top of the Flight plate make it Very Awkward for me to throw, though. I have Tiny hands.

So...I throw a Renegade 340 on a good throw and more often around the 315 mark. As a matter of fact, I have disced down to speed 7 and 8 discs. But, I have read several places that the Raketen provides a nice flight and added distance for players like me, thus my piqued interest. So what is the verdict, get one or leave it on the shelf? A course I frequent has several holes 400 - 530, so extra distance is always a plus.

I purchased a missilin and my buddy purchased the raketen. We both took turns throwing each others and we ended up trading, I like the lip on the raketen more for forehand and can get a pretty good backhand out of it as well. Its a unique disc but basically comparable with an Innova Boss or Katana on distance. I've got the opto hex line and I will say it takes a beating pretty well, smacked a tree pretty hard and didn't take damage. Also was able to control my drives pretty well when I played over the weekend in moderate wind around a lake. Its a worthy disc :)