• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Matching the Shryke for sheer distance

Got some more throws in today with two stars and one halo. These fly very similar and are very close to my gstar sockibot destroyer. I also got to try out a new color glow champ tern. The tern is as fast and glidey as the shryke in my opinion, but needs a lot more hyzer and room to work right.

I tried my control distance drivers (star destroyers/wraiths) out on the same hole and they went exactly the same distance(360ish), which was about 40 feet short of the shrykes. I tried my flippier destroyers out and they were close to the shryke maybe a hair shorter.

Confirmed my thoughts that wraiths are as good as destroyers (at my arm speed) for controlled distance, shrykes are slightly longer flippy destroyers, terns are crazy fast/long but need more room and are riskier to turn and burn.

The three star shrykes I have are from 2017 to present but all have a great blend of star plastic. Tacky and firm with no blizzarding.

Got some more throws in today with two stars and one halo. These fly very similar and are very close to my gstar sockibot destroyer. I also got to try out a new color glow champ tern. The tern is as fast and glidey as the shryke in my opinion, but needs a lot more hyzer and room to work right.

I tried my control distance drivers (star destroyers/wraiths) out on the same hole and they went exactly the same distance(360ish), which was about 40 feet short of the shrykes. I tried my flippier destroyers out and they were close to the shryke maybe a hair shorter.

Confirmed my thoughts that wraiths are as good as destroyers (at my arm speed) for controlled distance, shrykes are slightly longer flippy destroyers, terns are crazy fast/long but need more room and are riskier to turn and burn.

The three star shrykes I have are from 2017 to present but all have a great blend of star plastic. Tacky and firm with no blizzarding.

The only star Shrykes I've seen with blizzardy type plastic were very light. 150 and 162g. Both of them are almost uselessly understable. They won't hold a distance line no matter how much hyzer I start them on.

I threw a star Shryke (175g) today that was on the beefy side. This disc wouldn't turn really at all if I threw it flat. However, thrown hard anny it would hold that line well. I cracked 440' with it a couple times, but I had to force the disc over hard anny to do so. This Shryke was something like 13, 5, -1, 2. Not a bad disc, but not quite as glidey or flippy as I'd like.

Lately I've been overtaking Shrykes with Katanas for sheer distance. Katanas handle more arm and will fade back toward center more reliably than Shrykes. I still assert that the Katana and Shryke are Innova's two longest molds. Honorable mentions are the Daedalus, Tern, and Vulcan.

I get easily 40' more with Shrykes than I do Destroyers.