• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Raketen

None of it matters to me because noobs will buy the crap out of it from me. I've sold more Missilen than any other Lat disc to date: 117 of them since its release. Next is the Opto Pure at 102 and Opto Claymore at 91. Insane, I know.

None of it matters to me because noobs will buy the crap out of it from me. I've sold more Missilen than any other Lat disc to date: 117 of them since its release. Next is the Opto Pure at 102 and Opto Claymore at 91. Insane, I know.

:hfive: get it while you can!

The real question is if the sales numbers will hold up for said molds in the long term which is much more important although I love some easy quick cash.

^ Love it when retailers share tid-bits of info like that.

:hfive: get it while you can!

The real question is if the sales numbers will hold up for said molds in the long term which is much more important although I love some easy quick cash.

For sure. Missilen sales are definitely slower now. The bulk of them were in the first 9 months.

I think this new release could put some love back into that mold too though, which is the point of marketing different disc technology from the manufacturer standpoint which you hope translates to good retail sales across the board. I think this tech might be best utilized in something like a mid or putter honestly.

yeah the fastest/max rim width discs are always the most finicky IMO. A slightly slower speed disc might actually benefit more flight wise from this technology which current 12+ speeds just are too fast for really anyone outside of some top level players to actually throw and see any "distance" out of. Even then I think it hinders actual glide and distance which if you want to say "fast" discs don't glide well.... sure I have said the flick from DC is much "faster" than the speed would say but that's just me. When you can slice off an entire tree branch cleanly though I think the disc is traveling pretty fast though the air that doesn't mean its going to fly very far.

Last edited:
SPEED is the arm speed required to get a disc to fly to its numbers, not the speed of the disc itself.

Also how it maintains its speed/air resistance...if you launch a putter and a warp speed driver at the same arm speed, then see how fast they're going at the 250' point, it will be drastically different.

Speed 15?!

So is it ridiculous or ludicrous speed?

Personally, I don't really care about the disc; I love how manufacturers say "it's more understable for the moderate powered players" without stating that you're going to see it fly more stable than the ratings would indicate and it won't go as far as anyone says it will...but eh, if people buy it, just make the darn things. I'll stick to throwing Escapes as my distance driver

SPEED is the arm speed required to get a disc to fly to its numbers, not the speed of the disc itself.

Nope. It that were the case, there would be an unbalanced chart. It's simply rim. Would love to have a standard # for retained speed at a given distance with standard initial speed.

Nope. It that were the case, there would be an unbalanced chart. It's simply rim. Would love to have a standard # for retained speed at a given distance with standard initial speed.

It SHOULD be just rim size, which it used to be. Now though even though discs are at the max allowed size marketing nonsense is labeling them faster and faster.

To be honest, i could care less what speed a disc is labeled, I just want to know the rim size as I dislike anything >2.0 cm for backhand.

That's not really true either, depending on the manufacturer. Innova has anything from 2.2 cm rims to 2.5 cm rims labeled as speed 12 and 13, and the 2.4 cm krait as an 11. Trilogy is inconsistent too. I go off the rim size from the pdga list when I'm trying to classify drivers.

Rim size means nothing, the Ape and Boss have a 0.1cm difference in rim thickness

Ape 21.1 1.5 1.2 16.2 2.4 5.7
Boss 21.2 1.5 1.2 16.2 2.5 5.7

Both are speed 13 on the Innova scale, but these discs are nothing alike.

Latest posts