• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Raleigh NC

Check the events tab at the MC page on the main site for any info for stuff being run at MC. I keep it pretty up to date.

The thing that killed me about that course was that if the sun was anywhere near overhead, there is no getting away from it. The wooded holes have no canopy, and that is a big pet peeve of mine b/c I'm painfully Irish.

Yep...that was it! The sun just felt like it was beating down on me. But, it was summer then. I haven't played it when the temps were cooler. Actually, when there's a chill in the air, I like the sun exposure!

Thanks...that's good to know! I am excited to play something. Like I said, I am taking a break from PDGA's, but I do miss 'real' play not just practice rounds!!!

Good deal, I like that some other locals are stepping up and promoting their respective clubs! I want to do some more local events other than Zeb, there's just usually not stuff going on.

Looking at home page, I can't find the Middle Creek hyperlink.

Found it in the forum. Do you have privileges to post to home page? I don't. But, they do let us use their web site and we don't pay.

Mike Norris told me the meeting with the group from Cary at the State Parks and Rec symposium went really well. It sounds like ya'll have a city ready to embrace DG!

Memorable holes from the trip, kinda in order...

#2 at UNC the downhill wooded beast with a risky green
#18 at Zebulon teh beautifully designed hole for a blue player with great risk and OB
#16 and #12 at Cedar Hills two of the greats in the wooded ridge section of the course
#17 and #15 at Buckhorn up to and across the pond
#15 at Leigh Farm (or 14? the one with that gully and risky pin placements)
#9 and #10 at Middle Creek the tunnel and mound green, and the ridge to ridge toss.
#14 and #15 at UNC the open downhill bomber and touch shot on the manicured bolf remnants
#17 at Valley Springs back in the hardwoods along and up the ridge with another 150' to the blue pin
#16 and #17 at UNC the wooded ridge to rideg shots over the valley
#5 the bolf par 3 hole at UNC that I ace ran both rounds for drop in deuces

Did you throw #5 at UNC from the shorts or longs? An ace run from the longs is impressive as hell, it's like 440' or something.

Did you throw #5 at UNC from the shorts or longs? An ace run from the longs is impressive as hell, it's like 440' or something.

Ditto. :|

I lost an uninked blue champ EL on that hole. It had "High Times" dyed graffiti style on it. I hate blue discs.

I'm usually just happy to have a 50' jump putt on that hole from the longs (assuming I don't hit that damn tree).

Oh no, I never even saw along tee on #5. I would have never guessed there was a tee behind the tee I walked to. An ace run would be impressive from what I saw in the picture on this site. Sorry to have disappointed you all and stomped on your dreams if superberry the uber-discg golfer.

I also realize that I never played the 666' beast on #4! UNC could use some tender care on this site with some better pictures and an updated map. There was either a weird arrangement of tees out there, or I missed a lot of the second tees (either long or short ones).

It's for my buddy discombobulated. He can only throw RHFH. Kind of like a handicap access point for forehand players. Plus he is old and needs help.

It's for my buddy discombobulated. He can only throw RHFH. Kind of like a handicap access point for forehand players. Plus he is old and needs help.

Nice! I helped a guy look for a Viking for a while in the woods on the right. We walked all around in there and saw nothing, not even up in the viney bushes. I felt bad and then left him a disc (compliments of WPDGC) on the path to hole #17.