• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Raleigh NC

The parks and rec guys at MC are very cool. We just had a pro/am doubles out there where employees of cary got paired with dgers for a round.

No, it was this guys review of Leigh Farm

He was ranting about someone, maybe the designer, getting $80k for the course. Again, $80k is some BIG bucks for an 18 hole disc course!!!

I knew what review you were talking about, I was just providing an example of money being spent on a DG course around here.

The rubber mats are supposedly so they can move the tees around and once they find good spots, they will pour permanent pads. Not a bad idea if you have the cash.

No, it was this guys review of Leigh Farm

He was ranting about someone, maybe the designer, getting $80k for the course. Again, $80k is some BIG bucks for an 18 hole disc course!!!

That guy has the worst :thmbup: to :thmbdown: ratio. He's been discussed before because it's so bad - currently at 9 up, 134 down. He's even worse than Redneck Machismo when it comes to reviews and helpful votes, so take what he has to say with a grain of salt.

Bridges and stairs payed by Parks department standards/costs can be crazy expensive. I won't go into the details; but I could point out a number of instances where they pay 3 or more times what you or I would find bids for....
We have a park that one has to cross the railroad tracks to get to what is officially another park. You would think players could just walk across the tracks to play the proposed back nine. But no, parks say tracks are dangerous and a bridge over top the tracks would need to be built. Estimate was many thousands of dollars.

Leigh Farm was a bit of an odd course to me. I liked it well enough, but it seemed super raw and new. My buddy Chuck hated it. I definitely saw some potential there. And I'll agree UNC is sweet.

I'm slightly surprised that you liked Leigh Farms as much as you did. But I've got a much better idea of what you like in a DG course and that being said, you're gonna love Nevin, Renny, and Hornet's Nest. You should hit up Anderson the next time your in the Chapel Hill area, you'll like it I think. I'm glad you enjoyed Cedar Hills, that's a cult fave of mine. It's a lot more secluded/prettier during the spring and summer too.

I'm starting to like Cedar Hills a lot. It was ok to me at first, but, now it's such a good change for me.

It's an older course but it's a lot of fun if you can manipulate lines pretty well. I love throwing the big hyzer on that hole that has the big cedar tree in front of you and the ball field on the right. The downhill hole after it is a blast too, last time I played it I put a Stalker on a frozen rope way down there.

It's an older course but it's a lot of fun if you can manipulate lines pretty well. I love throwing the big hyzer on that hole that has the big cedar tree in front of you and the ball field on the right. The downhill hole after it is a blast too, last time I played it I put a Stalker on a frozen rope way down there.

"the one after it" is #12 that I called out in my review as a very memorable hole. 372' downhill about 30-40' and the busy road on the left while needing a straight or s-curve drive. I loved it and unloaded what was left in my sorry excuse for a bag after having lost 3 of 7 discs I brought!!

I liked Leigh Farms a TON! It was quite the chalenge and beatdown, all while offering a bit of variety in a mainly wooded setting. LOTS of unique terrain too like all the washouts. AND risky pin positions to boot!

I'm still torn on my 3-disc ratings of Valley Springs and Middle Creek. Both were lesser courses than the others I played on my trip, but probably better than the others I have already reviewed as 3.0. Prime example where the 1/4 point scale would helo alleviate all the compression I have between 3.0 and 4.0.

I like that hole, too! I am very close to a two there!!! The next hole, I like it a lot also. What I found is that you're ok if you're to the left of the fairway near the basket on that one. I am like SuperBerry, I rip all of my drivers there if the course is empty.

Cedar Hills and now Middle Creek are great courses to play when you are learning how to play disc golf. They both are not very long (Cedar is longer of course) and they both make you throw a large variety of shots to shoot well.

Also gold pins are now being planned for Middle Creek.

I am going to go play Middle Creek the next day that's clear. I have only played it once, so that is now on list of next courses to play!!! Do they do doubles on Sat or Sun?

Yeah, I need to hit up MC again. It needed time to season plus it was scorching the day I played there and I nearly died of heatstroke.

If the gold tees just help reduce the walks b/w some of those holes at all they'll be a welcome addition.

The thing that killed me about that course was that if the sun was anywhere near overhead, there is no getting away from it. The wooded holes have no canopy, and that is a big pet peeve of mine b/c I'm painfully Irish.

I am going to go play Middle Creek the next day that's clear. I have only played it once, so that is now on list of next courses to play!!! Do they do doubles on Sat or Sun?

I run Sat Singles out there that sign up starts at 9 and tee off is 9:30. $5. If you come, you and my wife can make a women's division. Victoria also shows up sometimes so.

Also there is no getting around walking between some holes, the course had to be redesigned to accommodate some things that were added to the park plans so it was either add some walks or not have a course.

Oh, singles!!! Cool! :) Yea, I will talk to Victoria too. I didn't know you were running any events out there. Seems like I saw on the forum doubles or something. But yeah, I will definitely try to make it!

Latest posts