• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Rank your skills

Pretty simple, although this could probably be tweaked.

Rank yourself according to PDGA divisions. Are you a pro putter, but have a weak arm? Good at approaches but stink in the circle?

For myself:

Driving Overall: Adv
FH: Pray :p
BH: Open

Approaching: Open
Putting: Adv
Specialty (Rollers, thumbers...etc): Adv

Mental game: Pro

As old age encroaches and Senior Grand Master status approaches, I am, as I've always been; a good, sometimes very good Recreational Red level/fair to mediocre Intermediate White level player. Thank goodness for the advances in disc, especially driver design over the decades.
Off of the tee, my max distance is generally 270/280, sometimes more with with favorable winds and downward elevation. Sometimes less. Sometimes, the old fingers don't work quite right and I griplock, resulting in wildly wide drives. Sometimes I remember the fundamental of keep it low', but miss the second part of 'but off the ground' and I burn worms. Fairway/approach game is usually pretty accurate and often the saving grace of my goofy game. I often have to hope for and rely on 'a perfect second shot' to save par. Putting is intermittent, at best, largely dependent on the muscle mechanics working properly and adhering to my personal fundamentals of 'straight back, keep it level, toss it flat and follow through'.

Driving distance: advanced
Driving accuracy: Open
Forehand: intermediate
Thumber: Open
Trickshot/rollers: Open

Midrange:Open
Upshots:biggest hole Intermediate
Putting:Advanced

My self-evaluation would be demoralizing. I'd rather just enjoy this game as a hobby. :)

Driving Overall: Pro
FH: Int
BH: Pro

Approaching: Rec
Putting: Rec
Specialty (Rollers, thumbers...etc): Int

Mental game: Novice

As old age encroaches and Senior Grand Master status approaches, I am, as I've always been; a good, sometimes very good Recreational Red level/fair to mediocre Intermediate White level player. Thank goodness for the advances in disc, especially driver design over the decades.
Off of the tee, my max distance is generally 270/280, sometimes more with with favorable winds and downward elevation. Sometimes less. Sometimes, the old fingers don't work quite right and I griplock, resulting in wildly wide drives. Sometimes I remember the fundamental of keep it low', but miss the second part of 'but off the ground' and I burn worms. Fairway/approach game is usually pretty accurate and often the saving grace of my goofy game. I often have to hope for and rely on 'a perfect second shot' to save par. Putting is intermittent, at best, largely dependent on the muscle mechanics working properly and adhering to my personal fundamentals of 'straight back, keep it level, toss it flat and follow through'.
Buzz, I want to be you when I grow up. :p

Driving Overall: Open
FH: Low Advanced
BH: Open

Approaching Overall: Open (with room for improvement)
FH Approach: Open
BH Approach: Open

Putting: Advanced most days...

Specialty (Rollers, thumbers...etc): Open although my roller game isn't what it used to be. I also have no Tommy, but my thumber, various grenades/scoobys and other tricks are bread and butter.

Mental game: upper advanced. I only get a few tourneys a year in, and I over hype myself for them, and performance shows.

Endurance: Advanced. I also find my mental and to a degree physical endurance not what it used to be.

These skills puts me in the cash 4/5 sanctioned events.

Drive: Intermediate-adv (advanced accuracy but intermediate distance)
BH: Advanced
FH: Intermediate-adv (advanced accuracy but intermediate distance)
Approach: Advanced
Putt: Advanced-Pro

Specialty: Intermediate (I have most of them in the bag, but not consistent enough to use in competition unless absolutely necessary)

Mental: Pro

Amazing what strong putting and mental game can do for a player.

Current rating 921 Highest rated round 976 (I think)

Drive: Adv
FH: Adv
BH: Adv
Approach: Pro
Putt: Adv
Rollers: Rec
Tomahawks: Int
Thumbers: Novice
Mental: Adv

I've been on a slow 2yr slide from 939 to 922. Highest rated round ever was a 976. I've lost a lot of practice time lately with a new job last year and the birth of my son last October. Plus my 9 yr old daughter is starting to enjoy it more so we do family outings to the course but I end up teaching more than practicing my own game. Basically my league participation has dropped 90% and I've cut down from a dozen sanctioned events per year, to maybe 6 this year if I'm lucky.

Basically all my skills are still there and I even taught myself a mean little jump putt, but its just the inconsistency shows due to lack of practice.

Drive: Int
FH: Rec
Approach: Int
Putt: Int
Rollers: What are those
OH: Nonexistent, hurts my shoulders.
Mental: Rec

My membership is lapsed so I don't know my rating for sure but; rating is ~850 and highest rated tournament round 951.

My biggest issue is my consistency and mental game for sure. My mental game is bad and when things go bad I get really salty at myself and it's just downhill from there. But, when I can stay focused and keep my emotions in check I can play at a high Int/low Adv level.

Driving Overall: Adv
FH: Adv/int(adv distance only, int as far as accuracy goes)

Approaching: Int
Putting: Int
Specialty (Rollers, thumbers...etc): Int

Mental game: Int

Always feel like I put myself 1 or 2 mental mistakes(bad shot/disc selection) away from winning tourneys in Intermediate

Latest posts