• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Reptilian Disc Golf Gecko Bag (Casual Round Bag)

Ordered one today and a couple putters, can't wait. I actually came to the forums looking for a low qty disc bag that hopefully stands on its own so this should fit the bill.

Although I gotta say, put 2 water bottle holders on another version and I will buy that too. Sure .5 L water bottles are great for a quick game over lunch, but in those hot summer months for a bit longer time out where you still just want a few discs, keeping hydrated is still important. And I drink a lot (of water). A key keeper strand with ring would be good too.

Excellent! I played another 18 holes with mine this morning and I really am loving it. It isn't standing up very well on uneven terrain but that was to be expected.

Overall I love that this bag is minimalist yet doesn't sacrifice features that I deem necessary to a DG bag (zipper pouch, drink sleeve). I can throw four different putters in there and just go have fun without having to deal with a slinging my backpack over my bag between each hole.

I can honestly see myself playing with the Gecko more than my C14 this summer as it really does hold enough discs for me to be pretty competitive while still being comfortable and convenient.

I appreciate you supporting our little company and I hope that the Gecko becomes a mainstay bag for the golfer that demands a casual bag that is built rugged like their tourney bag.

Buy Yours Here

Last edited:
Any tweaks you will make to the design after testing it in the field? Will you be offering more colors in the future? The green Gecko on your FB page looks awesome.

How functional has the swivel clip been for you on the course. Just curious as I prefer a key ring/carabiner style setup. Can you unthread the shoulder strap from the plastic adjuster piece and just carry the bag by the small handle or is the strap permanently sewn on the bag?

I got a chance to fondle one of these the other day. This is a solid bag, period. Sturdy and has every feature 90% of disc golfers reasonably need for a round, particularly for a small bag. I'm a NutSac guy, have been for a while and Jamie is painfully aware that I'm unlikely to change...if for no other reason than I already have two NutSacs and don't need another bag. But for folks just now looking into a smaller, quality bag? The decision just got harder.

Any tweaks you will make to the design after testing it in the field? Will you be offering more colors in the future? The green Gecko on your FB page looks awesome.

How functional has the swivel clip been for you on the course. Just curious as I prefer a key ring/carabiner style setup. Can you unthread the shoulder strap from the plastic adjuster piece and just carry the bag by the small handle or is the strap permanently sewn on the bag?

I do already have some ideas to tinker with when we do a full production run.

1. I want to move the pencil pocket to the front set of sleeves. I can put two pencil slots on either side of the shallow bottom pocket to create a designated mini pocket. This would also open up the back for two driver sleeves which I think will go over very well.

2. The swivel hook is very functional but really it isn't that necessary. I like that you can adhere anything to a bag with it but I am considering swapping it out for a loop for a carabiner. Or at least an upgrade to a metal "bending part" of the clip.

The strap on the bag is permanently sewn on. We could tinker with the idea of a removable strap but when the bag weighs so little already, I'm not certain if the ability to swap out for a padded strap would make it worth the extra cost in producing a strap that can be removed. That is an interesting idea however.

We are definitely going to be offering another color or two. The green material does look amazing but I wanted to get some more "classic" colors out there first. The blue and gray both look awesome so we went with that. I can certainly see us doing more of the neon green and maybe a red.

Thank you for the interest guys. It is even more tough to crack into the bag market than the disc market and so far the Gecko has exceeded expectations. I'm really proud of the product that we were able to produce and I know that any future runs will be even better.

Dang, can't believe I got it already. You must have shipped that quickly! Looks great and the quality is real nice. I'd agree with you that by just looking at it a loop would be better. I don't really need the pencil holders at all being a casual bag as I'll just use udisc, but a mini pocket and two drivier slots would be nice.

Unfortunately with the steady all day (weekend?) rain I am not going to get to try it out this weekend. Next week though!

My wife just saw this bag online in the YouTube video and instantly wanted it for her Discs.. Right now she is using a reusable grocery sac for her discs.. I have a Dynamic Ranger bag... But this bag looks amazing.. I'll leave feedback when she recieves it.

My wife just saw this bag online in the YouTube video and instantly wanted it for her Discs.. Right now she is using a reusable grocery sac for her discs.. I have a Dynamic Ranger bag... But this bag looks amazing.. I'll leave feedback when she recieves it.

Please do! I'm really proud of how they turned out. We are nearly sold out of the Proto run. I've already got NOX looking into new color options for the first production run. I know Gray/Black will be a stand by. I want to add the neon green and maybe a black w/ red trim.

It feels really good to have two Rock solid molds and now a respected bag available to golfers. RDG is slowly but surely fulfilling our dream of making a dent in the DG market. It's been a very fun ride :D

Well, even though I love my Nutsac, I also love RDG... So I just ordered one of these. Can't wait to get it and can't wait until I can fill it with some Wizards, Scales, and new RDG Fossil Mids/Fairways.

Well the first run of Gecko bags are completely sold out. They went quick!
I hope to start seeing some reviews coming in very soon :)

We are already working with NO Excuses about our next run and I am going to broaden the color options.

I'm thinking about sticking with the Gray/Black as a standard offering as they sold faster than the Navy blue.
I know that a DigiCam would sell really well so I will certainly do those.

Of these provided colors, which would you like to see?

Attachments

• colors.jpg
    colors.jpg
    127.8 KB · Views: 47
Truth be told, if you did Orange with Purple trim, I'd be nearly obligated to buy one because of where I go to school ;)

The Fade bags are offered in many colors and when I was interested in a purchase and reading about them in the forums a lot of people seemed to like dark brown. It already looked like the dirt they were setting their bags on so...it didn't show dirt. :thmbup:

I am always up for green anything and while I like orange I prefer a burnt orange over bright orange. The purple and the blue look nice as does the yellow. A few pink bags probably wouldn't hurt either.

Will they let you request lots of colors in low quantities or do you need to pick just a few?

The Fade bags are offered in many colors and when I was interested in a purchase and reading about them in the forums a lot of people seemed to like dark brown. It already looked like the dirt they were setting their bags on so...it didn't show dirt. :thmbup:

I am always up for green anything and while I like orange I prefer a burnt orange over bright orange. The purple and the blue look nice as does the yellow. A few pink bags probably wouldn't hurt either.

Will they let you request lots of colors in low quantities or do you need to pick just a few?

I can do pretty much any color but I don't want to go too crazy with just one of each color.

I really like the idea of a black bag with a bright colored thread as well.

That's always a nice play, for sure. You get the solid, clean look of the black and the slight pop of the color. Not too flashy, but not boring. Roll with it!

I'm working with my newly anointed WIFE to come up with a female approved color scheme. Likely black w/ mint or baby blue thread. Either would be a neat little break from camo and black/gray lol

Normally would prefer a nice Do-Do brown to not show dirt. I personally am thinking about this bag for Glow and playing at Crystal city Underground so will probly buy the brightest color avail.

I love that Blue. All my DG bags are blue. Maybe a small run of pink? I saw this and immediately wanted to get my son one, I can also see it being a good wife/girlfriend bag.
I'd also vote for a removable strap. Then you accomplish the hooks for keys or tags, and if I get one for my son I can find a strap that will cinch smaller for him to be comfortable.

I love that Blue. All my DG bags are blue. Maybe a small run of pink? I saw this and immediately wanted to get my son one, I can also see it being a good wife/girlfriend bag.
I'd also vote for a removable strap. Then you accomplish the hooks for keys or tags, and if I get one for my son I can find a strap that will cinch smaller for him to be comfortable.

Not a bad idea at all. I will talk to DGuns about a removable strap.

I do think we are on to something in terms of the perfect casual/wife/GF/kid bag. Even my fashionista wife digs the looks of this bag. I'm working with her on a color scheme that will pop for the ladies.